trim restore heads up

-

mopar todd1

Reaction score
I am usually a reader only of the forum and it is packed with great information. But today I just want to cry a little bit.
I got hooked up with a guy claiming to be a mopar grille and part restorer. And without going into the gory details of the mistakes I made let me give you all a quick note. I sent this guy two complete grilles and headlamp buckets for a 1968 barracuda and spent nearly 2000 dollar to get back a set of less than good parts.
Paint colors do not match, he used pin stripe tape instead of paint of the surrounds and claimed that chrome was not part of the restore of these parts

he uses a bunch of different names
Clair Young on paypal
Clair Dare on one email
[email protected]
coolparts2go on ebay

If any of you have questions please feel free to contact me. I have a bunch of emails that show the whole process

I am usually a reader only of the forum and it is packed with great information. But today I just want to cry a little bit.
I got hooked up with a guy claiming to be a mopar grille and part restorer. And without going into the gory details of the mistakes I made let me give you all a quick note. I sent this guy two complete grilles and headlamp buckets for a 1968 barracuda and spent nearly 2000 dollar to get back a set of less than good parts.
Paint colors do not match, he used pin stripe tape instead of paint of the surrounds and claimed that chrome was not part of the restore of these parts

Clair Young on paypal
Clair Dare on one email
[email protected]
coolparts2go on ebay

If any of you have questions please feel free to contact me. I have a bunch of emails that show the whole process
should have used the partsmonsta , altho I don`t see many posts from him anymore.

I will vouch for Partsmonsta. He does awesome work. Did my 1972 Dart grille. Keeps in touch with me. Name is Steve. Price is fair. Can't say enough about him.

Clair Young on paypal
Clair Dare on one email
[email protected]
coolparts2go on ebay

That dude tried ******* me on a 69 Dart Grill, I told him a fair price but the shipping was way more than I thought and his reply was “Just send it, I’ll send you the money later. Trust me, I’ll be doing way more business with you.” Glad I didn’t send it.

Jake

I will vouch for Partsmonsta. He does awesome work. Did my 1972 Dart grille. Keeps in touch with me. Name is Steve. Price is fair. Can't say enough about him.
I believe partsmonsta and Young are the same parts. You can tell because the silver paint is unique. That said, I have been happy with the grilles and bezels coolparts2go sold me on ebay.

WOW. I have my grille apart and all boxed up get close to sending it to him.
Big bucks to get restored. I believe I found him as he is part of the group??
I'll try to get a hold of Partsmonta.

I'll txt him & tell him to look for your post. Tell him when you talk to him 72Dart6pack recommended him

WOW. I have my grille apart and all boxed up get close to sending it to him.
Big bucks to get restored. I believe I found him as he is part of the group??
I'll try to get a hold of Partsmonta.
I am almost certain Partsmonsta sells trim restored by Stephan Young. I have bought from both over the years, and the restorations look identical, and the technique is uniquely recognizable, and they are both in Florida. The dots connect.

Yes. One in the same person. He is a guy you can trust. Nuff said.

Yes. One in the same person. He is a guy you can trust. Nuff said.
I have been very satisfied with Stephan Young's work. He supplies hard to find bezel and grille parts, for a reasonable price. I had one case where I was not happy with a bezel he sent me, and he agreed to find a better one as soon as he could and exchange it. Had to wait a few weeks, but the replacement was very nice. Stephan takes pride in his work. I think his prices are good considering how scare these parts are.

-
Back