trim tool or socket?

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
does anyone know of a tool or a way to get the retainers off that hold the dash switches in and the radio antenna in. mine are tight and can't seem to unscrew them without damaging them.

there is a tool for this. i got mine off ebay pretty cheap, but you can get them from yearone and paddock as well. they are alot more expensive through them though...i will try to find a link to one on ebay....

Or you could use needle nose pliers.... that's what i used for my antenna bezel with no damage done.

I've used snap ring pliers to break them loose , or even a peck with a keen punch and small hammer. Then unscrew with a dental pic.

i haven't tried either of those methods yet on the dash rings. before i started this treaded i had tried needle nose and a cresent wrench on the antenna ring....just started damaging my pliers tips. I also tried the chisel and hammer method thats when I really started damaging the ring. That suckers is on there tight. I am not concerned about saving the ring for the antenna being i plan to shave fender mounted antenna. I just don't want to ring on the dash switches, if the tools work i think the cost is justified. They aren't snapon expensive anyway.

-
Back