Trip to West Texas to pick up parts I sold....Look at the beauty

-

Prine

A-Body Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, so like it says, I jumped in the ole Super Beetle and made a road trip to West Texas to pick up some parts I sold. It was a nice trip. I found a Mopar Yard on the way and stopped to take a look and get some pictures.

Check out the West Texas Beauty:

SancoTrip5-27-09046.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09045.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09034.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09035.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09036.jpg

Here are a few pics from the Mopar Yard I found:
SancoTrip5-27-09040-1.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09039-1.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09001-2.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09017-1.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09019-1.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09020-1.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09004-1.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09025.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09041.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09044.jpg

SancoTrip5-27-09024.jpg

And here is a shop building I looked at for my dream shop, I know the guy and could get the building and land for $40,000:
SancoTrip5-27-09031.jpg

Sure is sad about all those mopars and A-bodies just making their way back into the ground! I got a contact number and will find out if any of them are for sale....and get back to you =P~ Fanatics.
Well thats all I have for now, just wanted to share my days' pleasant road trip pics!

Enjoy.

"Pick up parts that you sold " is somewhat confusing, no need to explain though.
The back view of the VW reminds me of a moon I saw once while following a 73 beetle, orange as well.
Surely something in that yard I could use too. I'm especially fond of white 67 notchbacks. Thanks for the pics.

Can anyone ID the stipe that is on the green Dart Sport? In the pics just below the notchback. I like that stripe...
C

Can anyone ID the stipe that is on the green Dart Sport? In the pics just below the notchback. I like that stripe...
C

I think thats called a pipe dream stripe. LOL
Imagination at work

sweet. where is that yard? i have family down that way and am actualy there now. would love to check it out to if they are sellin parts or cars

Did anyone notice the Crown Coupe with the wide whites? Those are rare as hell.

Man, I didn't think everyone would be so interested in those cars and where they are.

Most of the cars looked pretty picked over and not worth much time/effort....no A-Body 8 3/4 rear ends in ANY of them.

That yard is located in Dunn, Tx. That is inbetween Snyder,Tx and Colorado City,Tx on Texas Highway 208.

The shop is in my hometown and has great highway frontage...if you ever went there you would not be able to miss it, there are (2) Blinking Red Lights and the shop is sitting diagnolly on the Main Intersection...it was an old Gas/Service Station.

Like I said, I got the owner of the Mopar Yards' contact info and will publish it to everyone if he approves...and see what can be negotiated.

I have passed by that place a billion times and never stopped to see what he had....but I am glad I did....if I have learned anything, it has been that YOU NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE BY ASKING about cars that are just sitting, rotting away.

I'll give the guy a call and see what I can find out.
Man, I miss Texas.

-
Back