Trivial discussion: '67-'69 Barracuda: Fastback vs. Notchback- your opinion?

-
I have owned both but much prefer the fastback.

68 S.jpg

Cayuga pits.jpeg

Ive meant to ask some time ago, your 69 is that a 383 car ? Auto or 4spd formula s

The 69 started life as a 318 air car from California. It is now a low block stroker masquerading as a 383. It is automatic and I am half way through dressing it up as a cuda 383.

IMG_4492.JPG

I like the notches. Just don't see them.that often. My BOG friend owns a beautiful black notch and it's flawless so maybe I'm jaded.

I like them both. But there is something about a fastback. My brother and I have each owned a fastback for almost 45 years. They arn't trailer or hanger queens either. We drove them and drove them fast. Stable at 140 mph and comfortable to drive all day long. We'd cruise at 100 mph for hours. And they were both 273 cars. One of my cousins had a notch back and he will always love that car too. We used to stretch out in the back with the seat down and catch some zzzzzzz's while the other one drove running cross country. I'm sure the notch is a bit lighter, not sure about the aerodynamics though. Great memories!

Nuttin but F8 for me. I think it is striking with the white callout stripe.

Agreement, one sweet ride. I sweat,looking at the quality of block work.
Right you are. You must be a paint and body guy yourself. Most others don't think about the HOURS of block sanding primer. I'd guess about a hundred given I blocked the epoxy primer to look for the worst places to fix first, then I blocked two coats of high build. It does add up.

But if the top doesn't drop is it really worth owning :p

I will NOT own a convertible again. My dad had a 67 and 68 verts, 66 coronet vert, LeSabre vert, cutlass vert, a ton of porsche 356 verts, and more that I can't remember. My mom has a 65 vw bug vert. I had a 67 vert, and a 77 MGB. Both were fun, and I loved riding around with the top down, but only at night, and only when there wasn't a full moon. I not only get sunburns, but moonburns as well. Gingers don't belong in the sun. I would love a 67 or 68 notch, but a 71 Demon will be first.

The 69 started life as a 318 air car from California. It is now a low block stroker masquerading as a 383. It is automatic and I am half way through dressing it up as a cuda 383.

View attachment 1715095294
Just wandered When my dad & uncle ordered there 69 barracudas a friend of theirs ordered a 69 barracuda 383 4spd in that exterior & interior colors

I have always tilted towards the fastbacks, as years have gone by love the notches just as much. I have bin looking for factory 68 340 or 383 notchback, Not so easy.

-
Back