Truck Dana

-

sobiecam

College Student
Reaction score
Alrighty guys, im getting a free Dana 60 from a family friend. It is out of a 87 or so Ram 2WD. I know that i'll need to tap holes for a snubber and add a Suregrip (posi) diff, what else do i need to do to make it

a) fit

and

b) Hold up to at least 700HP and 700ft/lbs of torque... not that my engine will be that ratical.

also for my dart
1) bolt in four link or back-halving?
2)Tub to the frame rails?
3) Can I remove the inner fenders?
4) Is it a good idea to "Swiss Cheese" my bumper brackets?

If you're building a street car an 8.75 will stand up to a 700HP motor, cause you'll have no traction. Now if you go racing, you gotta spend the time to back half the thing and get it set the way YOU want it!
I wouldn't be happy if I had gone with someoneelses' suggestions and it didn't work.
Do some more research and decide what you want, then get it done.8)

nothing wrong with going dana, especially if you can get it cheap/for free...that will be the last rearend you put in your car (or atleast for a LONG time).

However, i believe that later model truck danas have an ABS port, which needs to be blocked...i believe there is another modification as well that has to be done, but i cant remember off the top of my head...im not sure if these housings and modifications sacrifice strength over an older truck or car housing.

-
Back