Trunck floor gap in my 1969 cuda

-

1mopar1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if their is supposed to be a gap in between the trunk floor rear and the rear valance. I measured the original pan before i removed it and placed the new one in the exact spot as the original, but the rear of the new pan has about an inch gap between it and the rear valance. Any ideas...thanks, Doug

Something is wrong. Weld in more metal and slop on some seam sealer..... From the factory they had an *** load of seam sealer back there.

I thought I originally took out a crapload of sealer when I took the old one out, but that was 7 years ago, and memory isn't what it was. I saw the pic you have is that your car? Mine is a 69 383 4 speed formula s fastback same sunfire yellow with white interior. I am going to try and post some pics if it, in pieces, soon. I also have a really weird interior optioin that I cant find info on. Have searched for years but never have directly asked on a forum. It has a paisley type material over the deluxe woodgrain on the door pannels and across the dash. I will try and ask if anyone is familiar with it on another thread as soon as i get the pics taken.

The paisley would be after-market or some dealer in house thing. I could see this being done back then, after all... It was the 60s.

I have a custom made black carpet trunk mat that looks like it would have been stock too but again.... Probably after-market or some dealer in house thing.

Oh... And yes it is my car.

I bought the car off the second owner and he thought it was original. I have seen something on the fender tag that mentioned something about the paisley but dont have the new G... G.. books to decode. I had deluxe interior and no mod inserts only the paisley looking stuff. I was a transparent tape with the black designs showing through. Oh well, will try and post pics of it.

I bought the car off the second owner and he thought it was original. I have seen something on the fender tag that mentioned something about the paisley but dont have the new G... G.. books to decode. I had deluxe interior and no mod inserts only the paisley looking stuff. I was a transparent tape with the black designs showing through. Oh well, will try and post pics of it.
Need to see pics,but it sounds like the car has the factory interior(I can't remember exactly what it's called,my brain hasn't started working yet-5:30am)

Hopefully the pics I attach will show the wierd interior option on the door pannels...It is also taped across the dash but it is currently buried.

P1000505edited02.JPG

-
Back