Trunck lock

-

jabdusty57

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas for what to do to repair a keylock hole that has been butchered?

Attachments

• 100_3075.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 115
Either find some one with that section they have cut out of a panel or weld in some scrap and recut the hole the correct size.

FYI there early and later lock holes if you going to find one.

Damn it man your a couple week or so late I just cut mine out to smooth off the back ...I decided to go with a electric lock with glove box button.... got it off ebay for like $35.00 just a option.... probally not the solution your looking for but something to consider since your gonna be doing body work to get it fixed either way..

Attachments

• duster 031.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 140
  • duster 029.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 117
Thanks guys - since it such a small area I'll probably go with a sheet metal solution. Ross - what was the make and P/N of the electric lock you purchased? I like that idea as well.

Install a 73 up lock the are alot bigger and have a large nut on the back. I have them if interested. You can put your tumblers in it for the same key or just ues the key with it. Are you sure you dont the the wrong year lock already

I confirmed that it is the correct lock. The door locks are also the same size. I'll measure the exiting hole to see of the 73 lock might work.

-
Back