Trunk access 69 barracuda

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I don't have the keys to our 69 barracuda. How do you remove the trunk divider from the rear fold down seat area to get into the trunk? Pics attached

Thanks!

CC-242-152-1200[1].jpg

on the midpoint/top center of the dividers crown/there is a dead bolt latch/ there might be enough space to push down on it with a pick or small flat tip screwdriver or butter knife to drop the divider.

IMG_20231203_195531415.jpg

IMG_20231203_195519462.jpg

d4gs39ed.png

THEN relax

IMG_20200216_102653011.jpg

Last edited:
If not, you can do what I have done. Using a 3/8" or 1/2" drill bit, drill out the trunk lock. then you can use a flat blade screwdriver to pop open the trunk.

Warning: there is a chance that the folding panel has TWO latches spaced about 2 feet apart. This was apparently a random variation on the production line... we have observed examples of 67, 68 and 69 fastbacks with two latches — there doesn't seem to be any pattern or logic to it. The crazy thing is that the sheet metal inside the opening has to be different to use the one latch versus two latches. It also changes the location of the trunk lamp when the lighting package is fitted.

So, anyway, if you can't locate a center latch, try looking for one on each side. I will try to find a photo showing the locations. My fastback has one latch, as shown above.

Warning: there is a chance that the folding panel has TWO latches spaced about 2 feet apart. This was apparently a random variation on the production line... we have observed examples of 67, 68 and 69 fastbacks with two latches — there doesn't seem to be any pattern or logic to it. The crazy thing is that the sheet metal inside the opening has to be different to use the one latch versus two latches. It also changes the location of the trunk lamp when the lighting package is fitted.

So, anyway, if you can't locate a center latch, try looking for one on each side. I will try to find a photo showing the locations. My fastback has one latch, as shown above.

Leave it in o Chrysler. Lol. I haven't checked yet, but thank you!

-
Back