Trunk "divider" question

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
Hey folks,

(Car is a 1975 Dart Sport)

Long story short, I offered to help a fellow Mopar guy by sending him a tracing of the trunk divider that came in my project car since it was lying loose in the trunk. My question is, does that chipboard divider go on the backside of the bracing (so you can't see the bracing from inside the trunk, or does it go between the seat back and cross bracing? I can't recall from my original car back in the 80s, and of course I never had pictures of the inside of the trunk.

In my 72 dart 2-door hard top, the divider hangs on the same hooks where the rear seat backs attach. I glued on some sound deadener to the cabin facing side of mine. From the trunk you see the cross braces and then the black trunk divider. Unsure on 75 dart Sport

edit: photo added from a '75 DS
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 12.57.16 PM.png

In my 72 dart 2-door hard top, the divider hangs on the same hooks where the rear seat backs attach. I glued on some sound deadener to the cabin facing side of mine. From the trunk you see the cross braces and then the black trunk divider. Unsure on 75 dart Sport

edit: photo added from a '75 DS
View attachment 1716196379

Thanks for that. I'm not sure if it looks better that way or not, but I bet it's easier to install. :)

Thanks, man.

-
Back