trunk locked

-

swingingdart

Reaction score
I got a 70' dart, and the trunk is locked, and the car came with no key, does anyone know how I can break into my own trunk without climing through the back seat??

there are some good videos on you tube on how to pick a lock, may be worth a try

Yes, remove the rear seat and unbolt the upper rear seat and you should be able to get into the back through the holes in the framing that the rear seat sits against. Unless the trunk is filled with junk you will not be able to access the lock. Use a flashlight to see the lock cylinder and then when you gain access, just turn the rod that goes from the lock cylinder to the lock mechanism and you should be able to pop it open.

Try taking your glove box lock off and take it to a locksmith.The key should be the same as the trunk.I think it may have a code on it.Or else pay me a rediculous amount of money and i will not only open your trunk but make you a key.:-D

I have always removed the back seat and used a lot of extensions and a socket to unbolt the latch. That way I didn't need to crawl onto the trunk at all.

Pay 6 year old neighbor kid $5 to climb thru to unlock it...cheaper than a chiropractor.

Yeah! Never thought of that. Take the glove box lock to a locksmith. It might be cheaper for him to make a key from that 'cause he could do it at a work bench instead of outside on your car. Great idea

Remind me to never lock myself in a trunk around here.... I'd just do like the one dude said and fork out the 5 bucks to the neighbor kid and yank the rear seat.....

Try taking your glove box lock off and take it to a locksmith.The key should be the same as the trunk.I think it may have a code on it.Or else pay me a rediculous amount of money and i will not only open your trunk but make you a key.:-D

He's really not that expensive if you feed him beer!! LOL!!!

Yes, remove the rear seat and unbolt the upper rear seat and you should be able to get into the back through the holes in the framing that the rear seat sits against. Unless the trunk is filled with junk you will not be able to access the lock. Use a flashlight to see the lock cylinder and then when you gain access, just turn the rod that goes from the lock cylinder to the lock mechanism and you should be able to pop it open.

Ditto...............................piece of cake!

on my 66 the glove box, door, and ignition are the same, trunk is a different key blank altogether

We always keep all keys. See if anyone near you has a bunch. Try a few and one will eventually open it. Then make copies.

All of these answers are correct. And I have had to remove the back seat and open the trunkk that way when a moron Really superglued the lock so I couldn't pick it.

Trunk problem solved.:-D

images.jpg

-
Back