Trunk mats

-

340wedge

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the best quality trunk mat. (1971 Duster) I know none are exact OEM.
I have the REM brand one but looking for something a little better. I am looking at ACC, Legendary Auto Interiors, and Metro Moulding which is 3x the cost of the others.

I got one from Laysons a few years back. It was just like original, but I had to trim it. I laid my old one on top and trimmed it.

Well, I have a feeling that back in the day, they were probably a little off then too. I never noticed. As far as the design coming off, I don't put on anything in my trunk that would ever have to be cleaned off, but that's me. Put something else in in the trunk to protect it. They were never made to last forever.
Keep looking.

The tan plaid I bought from Legendary 20 years ago has held up pretty well, and looks pretty close.
I know it is not exact - I forget the details but had a discussion with Scott Smith Harms when he was looking for good orignal examples.
Wish I could remember the color and patterns were in my 70s A-bodies... might have been a gray plaid.
1670632072172.png

1670632110944.png

The problem I run into on my 70 darts is that they try to have one mat that fits 1970 to 76. Theblater cars with the big back bumpers have additional cut outs for braces in the trunk so you end up with cut outs you can that you can see yje spare tire board through. I finally bought a big rectangle of the best material I could find and then cut my own based on an old correct one. While I was doing it I found there was enough extra material to cut it wide and cover up the slot on the edge where stuff falls down into the back of the quarter panel, holds water and rots it out. Material came from Layson's

DSC01347.JPG

DSC01346.JPG

-
Back