Trunk Mount Battery

-

scatpakman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Need some help finding advise on mounting my battery in the trunk. Is there specific info. on where I need to run the leads and cables. Interior or exterior etc.... Thanks in advance.

Need some help finding advise on mounting my battery in the trunk. Is there specific info. on where I need to run the leads and cables. Interior or exterior etc.... Thanks in advance.
i have mine in the trunk,it's in a moroso batt box negative cable goes to a bolt going through the framerail.wire wheel it for contact,positive cable ihave running under the car to the starter.use a short cable from the relay to the starter.....

You need to find and read the NHRA rules, if you are going to race.

I may be able to print part of the relevent parts

The general idea is you need an outside accessable shutoff which MUST kill the engine, and if push pull, it MUST push in to kill

If you don't use an acceptable vented, metal battery box, you must have a sealed metal firewall behind the seat, and if you run a cell of course a firewall is also mandatory.

I'm not sure about routing the cables, but they must be "safe" and adequately tied.

Many guys with one--wire alternators run a separate line to the battery for charging, but in my opinion, this does not meet the meaning of the rules, which has a phrase something to the effect "must kill ALL power."

If you buy a Cole Hearse 2 pole switch (two small, two large terminals) you can easily come up with an ignition kill, which I can help you with.

I believe there is also min. size on clamp hardware.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=215487&highlight=disconnect&page=3

-
Back