Trunk spare tire well replacement

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
i've got multiple small, and a few larger rust holes in the spare tire hub of my 67 dart. i'm thinking about trying to repair them all by just cutting our larger sections and then welding in patches. with the ammount of holes that i'll need to do this for, i'm questioning whether the trunk will even be as strong as it should be. right now i just painted it all with rustoleum temporarily. i don't care at all about the cosmetics of the car. it's gonna look like a beater anyways, not gonna be a show car.

but the question that i have is where can i(besides yearone) get a new replacement spare tire well? and how much will it cost me?

or any other suggestions of what anyone has done?

i probably would have just thrown a mat inside the well and then threw the spare on top of it. but since i have the has tank, rear end, and leaf springs off of the car right now, i figure i might as well take care of this rust..

sorry for all the writing just tryinn to explain the entire situation.

Why not just go to a parts yard and hunt a spare tire well from some other car. With luck you'll find one slightly deeper and larger in diameter. Something your spare will actually fit into :)

Why not just go to a parts yard and hunt a spare tire well from some other car. With luck you'll find one slightly deeper and larger in diameter. Something your spare will actually fit into :)

hmm.. didn't think about that one. i think that'd be a longshot though finding that.

i think what i'll do 1st is try welding in some patches. and worst case, it comes out FUBAR so i replace it then

-
Back