Trunk Tension Adjust

-

Murray

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought I knew about everything on these cars but not so. Apparently I have never adjusted the hinge tension on the rear deck on a '67-'69 cuda fastback. These don't use torsion bars but rather coil springs like the hood. I see in the shop manual the one bolt to loosen and then adjust, but it doesn't tell me in which direction to move to tighten. I'm imagining the whole thing blowing up in my face. For those of you that have adjusted these before- Help! When I loosen that one bolt, what should I expect? Which direction to increase tension? Thanks everyone.

I thought I knew about everything on these cars but not so. Apparently I have never adjusted the hinge tension on the rear deck on a '67-'69 cuda fastback. These don't use torsion bars but rather coil springs like the hood. I see in the shop manual the one bolt to loosen and then adjust, but it doesn't tell me in which direction to move to tighten. I'm imagining the whole thing blowing up in my face. For those of you that have adjusted these before- Help! When I loosen that one bolt, what should I expect? Which direction to increase tension? Thanks everyone.

:popcorn:

-
Back