Trunk Weather stripping?

-

porksoda

Reaction score
Well I was just wondering what kind of weather stripping you guys are using in your trunks?
I see a few different kits online and I am just not sure what I need. I know my seal is all falling apart and causing water to go into my trunk. The seal is so torn up I cant compare it to any of the seal kits I see online.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

On my duster I believe my trunk and cowl to hood seals are soffseal brand , I believe my dorr seals are metro brand and my windshield gasket i think i got through precision . All are good brands and great products. Ive dound both summitracing.com and Jegs.com carry alot of weather stripping for our a-bodies and at alot cheaper cost than what most others ask. My seals showed up the day after i ordered them even. hope that helps a bit.

I just bought my trunk weather stripping at soffseal as well. So far its done a great job. Seals the trunk tight. I got caught in rain the other night, and no leaks. When I talked to the lady on the phone she said her recommendation was 3M weather strip adhesive. It did a fine job holding mine down. It was fairly cheap too, right around $30 shipped. I believe they are located out of Hamilton OH.

I use clear silicone you find in the caulk section of your local home improvement store. The good stuff. It was like $8.00 a tube. Some guys say don't use it and to buy the expensive stuff but I say pffffttt on that lol. I've been doing it this way for years and the original owner did it that way in the 70's and it lasted until 2009 when I removed it and it worked just fine.

Plus I like the clear stuff because it won't show if you get any on your paint after you squish your seal down. Then once it's dry, anywhere that there is excess you just rub it with your finger and it comes off.

Did it all on my duster and it looks very clean.

-
Back