Trunk Weatherstripping

-

sdolsay

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I have a question, when I bought my 74 duster it has been recently painted, and the guy didn't install the weatherstripping, so I bought some for the trunk to keep the water out...

my question is, how does it go on, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way for it to go, if anyone has a handy picture of thier trunk open I'd love to see it, or if anyone can describe to me how it goes on I;d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Scott

My father in law and I put one on my 66 Dart last weekend. What we did is find the halfway point of the weatherstrip and the halfway point of the top edge of the trunk lid. We started attaching the weatherstripping at the centerpoints, and followed the trunk around until we met again at the bottom. We had to use a couple clamps to hold the weatherstripping at the top corners, to give the adhesive time to set up. The break in the weatherstrip ended up right in front of the lock on the bottom edge of the trunk. Worked like a charm!

Hopefully, you can picture what I'm trying to say... :scratch:

DaveZee

PS I think one of the best things we did is to go over the trunk where the weatherstripping would be attached to be sure that there was no old weatherstripping still stuck. Made for an easy, clean seal with absolutely no bumps.

I looked at itagain and figured it out, so its already on :)

Since the car was recently painted there was no old stripping on it, I just made sure the lip was straight (hamma time) and scuffed the paint where I wanted to glue it and it worked out great....one less annoying rattle and no water in the trunk anymore!

Thanks for the response!

Scott

-
Back