trunklock

-

/6man

Reaction score
need help on my trunk lock ...have no key thanks

Remove the rear seat, crawl into trunk, use a pair of slip-joint pliers to rotate lock pin, open trunk.
Once it is open you can remove the lock without damaging the body panel.

Then take the lock to a lock smith and have a new key cut. When I got me car did not have a truck lock. i went to junk yard and got a trunk lock for $5. took to lock smith and he made me 2 keys for $10.

If you cannot get into the trunk by removing the back seat, there's little choice but to have the cylinder removed by drilling.

A locksmith can do it, or you can do it yourself, but you need to go slow and carefully..........usually a 1/4" bit is run through the key opening, then followed up by a 3/8" to remove the cylinder.........it's s touchy job, but you can do it if you're not rammy.

Then you can install a new one, using your stock rod, or with the new ones that come with the kit............just be sure to install the new rod before you close the trunk. If not, you have to start over. (I've seen this done.....not a pretty sight.....depending on the "stress threshold" of the installer, that is).

:angryfir::toothy7::dontknow:

-
Back