Trutrac 8 3/4 Axle Spacer

-

threewood

Reaction score
Finally got my rearend back from the shop (741 w/ 3.23 and trutrac dif) and have a question setting axle end play. The dif came with a steel spacer, so does this just float between the internal ends of the axles? Reason I ask is that the open dif has a rectangular block fixed in place. If it floats what is the easiest way to set endplay since one side relies on the other?

I am using the factory cone bearings.

Yes it floats in place. All factory open differential and cone type sure grip spacers are not tightly secured. They float loosely around the spider gear pin. Adjust it just as you would any stock 8-3/4 rearend. I like to see about .010" end play

Yes it floats in place. All factory open differential and cone type sure grip spacers are not tightly secured. They float loosely around the spider gear pin. Adjust it just as you would any stock 8-3/4 rearend. I like to see about .010" end play

Thank you!

Finally got it installed. The spacer included with the dif needed to be ground down, it was way long. Kept it as square as possible and ended up with a tick under.010 endplay. Wish I had a mill or lathe as grinding isn't ideal. I'll check it again after I get some miles on it to see if end play is the same.

This went in a 62 with tapered axles, still shims in place under the brake backing plate. I like the gearing and the eaton seems to work pretty good even with a stock (for now) 318 poly.

Glad to hear it worked out. With the shims under the backing plate you should be able to take one out if the spacer wears down some and gets too much end play. I didn't realize you were dealing with tapered axles. Figured you had the newer style when I said adjust them as any other Mopar 8-3/4

-
Back