Trying to find any information on my car and 340 engine

-
Take it to the track and make a run. Stock they went mid 14s.
Make a note of the trapspeed. stock the went just under 100, maybe 98.
Weigh the car.
From weight and trapspeed the power can be calculated fairly accurately.
From the external cues, and Power, we can more or less tell what's been done inside the engine.
Accurate cylinder pressure can/will help

Can you please post a clear picture of the VIN numbers? Maybe someone owned the car it was out of and can tell you how it ended up in your car.

I purchased this 69 Swinger 340 in the San Diego area 9 months ago and I was told that the owner passed away a year or two earlier. I was told that he had bought the Dart at a local S California car show of some sort, approximately 4 or 5 years ago and didn’t do much to the car, I am not sure if I was given the truth or total BS.
I have been working on the Dart whenever I can fixing numerous issues and garage restoring what I can do and I’m in my 70’s so I am not fast anymore.
What I would like to find anyone who may have any information about this car.
Originally from the factory it came with a white vinyl top and a white stripe.
I’m sure it was at the track sometime in its life because it has subframe connectors.
Trying to find out anything about the motor, what was done when it was rebuilt.
It is loaded with options including Auto, A/C, PB, PS and much much more.
If anyone has any information on this I will appreciate it.
Thanks

View attachment 1716289935

View attachment 1716289936

View attachment 1716289937
Well it sure is a good looking car. I am in Arkansas so clearly I can provide zero info on your car other than to say it is beautiful!

Can you please post a clear picture of the VIN numbers? Maybe someone owned the car it was out of and can tell you how it ended up in your car.
Unfortunately it may be a while before I can get the car up on stands high enough for me to get the engine vin number because my wife just had major surgery and is bedridden for a while. I know that this is NO use in helping but I have a picture of the number stamped on the front of the block just below the head. The number there is
F340P32250498
From what I remember seeing the bock casting shows 70.
The vin shows 605 build date and 161*** vin

Last edited:
F-1970 340 Engine P - premium fuel, Build date -3225 (10,000 day calendar) is May 27 1970 and 0498 means it was the 498 motor built on that date. So late build 1970 340 motor.

1724007890337.jpeg

-
Back