Trying to find space in engine compartment

-

gsoco

gsoco
Reaction score
For the group...I have a 62 V200 and want to add A/C... The space for it is very limited. I was curious if anyone might have changed to a thinner radiator with electric fans and eliminated the water pump fan to free up space for the condensor... Thanks.

Last edited:
For the goup...I have a 62 V200 and want to add A/C... The space for it is very limited. I was curious if anyone might have changed to a thinner radiator with electric fans and eliminated the water pump fan to free up space for the evaporator... Thanks.
The evaporator goes inside the passenger compartment.
The condenser goes in FRONT of the radiator (between the radiator and grille). It should not affect the fan or it's spacing.

I would think you have enough room in front of the radiator for a condenser. Can you post some pictures when you get a chance? Also, does the car have power steering? If not, that gives you a lot of room for a compressor on the driver's side.

I would think you have enough room in front of the radiator for a condenser. Can you post some pictures when you get a chance? Also, does the car have power steering? If not, that gives you a lot of room for a compressor on the driver's side.

Hello. You're correct. I just need the room in front...need to find a crank pulley with 2 grooves...No PS...Thanks!

Hello. You're correct. I just need the room in front...need to find a crank pulley with 2 grooves...No PS...Thanks!
Well, they never made one. The AC and PS pulleys bolted on to the rear and front of the balancer, respectively, so you don't need another balancer, although you will need to remove it to install the AC pulley on the rear.

Well, they never made one. The AC and PS pulleys bolted on to the rear and front of the balancer, respectively, so you don't need another balancer, although you will need to remove it to install the AC pulley on the rear.
I see... thanks for the information. Do you know where I can get an A/C pulley?

Got pics of your engine compartment? Not ideal, but how about twin small condensors with fans on each side behind the headlights?
It's a thought...not mine - but same as...you can see how tight it is....
upload_2022-7-27_8-50-8.jpeg

Contact Nostalgic Air.
Nostalgic AC - Complete A/C Kit Mopar Vehicles - Select an Evaporator
They have kits to fit the slant 6, includes the pulley.
You should not have any clearance issues between your fan/radiator, as nothing changes (dimensionally) with A/C. As previously stated, the condensor mounts in FRONT of the radiator, not between the radiator and engine.
NACP requires you to select an evaporator for your kit, I think you would be well-advised to contact them directly (1-888-977-8889) to assist with your parts selection.
Also be aware that you will most likely need to install a radiator shroud along with your A/C installation.

Contact Nostalgic Air.
Nostalgic AC - Complete A/C Kit Mopar Vehicles - Select an Evaporator
They have kits to fit the slant 6, includes the pulley.
You should not have any clearance issues between your fan/radiator, as nothing changes (dimensionally) with A/C. As previously stated, the condensor mounts in FRONT of the radiator, not between the radiator and engine.
NACP requires you to select an evaporator for your kit, I think you would be well-advised to contact them directly (1-888-977-8889) to assist with your parts selection.
Also be aware that you will most likely need to install a radiator shroud along with your A/C installation.

-
Back