TTI exhaust, is it worth it??

-
Do not buy cheapo headers. You'll regret it. Junk junk junk. I did that before I got the Doug Thorleys on my 66 440 Coronet. I will never buy cheap headers again. Thick flanges, heavy gauge pipe, fit perfect. I've installed some Headman elite headers and they have been very nice. I would check out those too. I have no experience with TTI's. They are very expensive. Tere are other companies out there that are not $600.
I'd skimp on the exhaust pipes.

My car ran a best so far of 13.02 on street tires with 3.23 gears. Thats with the same 2.25 inch exhaust that was on the 318 that was in it. I do want to go to a nice 2.5 system, but the money went to the headers.

BUY GOOD HEADERS!

Sounds like another person with TTI problems lol. As far as headers go i'm going with hooker comp. headers. I've always had good luck with them and so has my dad (big block 69' charger). For being a bit cheaper then some i think that they're pretty good. I pretty much had the system narrowed down to the TTI system or the summit system that's wayyyyy cheaper. mind you though if i spend less money on the system maybe???? i'll be able to afford the TTi headers....maybe???? other then the TTi ones what others do you guys use?? Thanks for the the replies guys it's very much appretiated!!

Never used my TTI's. I ordered a 2.5" ceramic coated set for my AlterKation/Hemi build, complete out the back (3"), and then decided to go with a 440 due to finances. Cost...........$1,800.00. Loss...........50%. For sale now $900.00.

Any takers?

Jim

he must be good, i can't keep track of the number of people that have recommended him. How are his prices compared to a system from TTI or summit?? TTi being upper end of 600 and summit a cheap one at just over 200

I'm not sure of his prices ,but he can bend you a damn good copy of thee TTi system in stainless as opposed to aluminized,and if you have any problems he's just around the corner.I don't think he sells headers, but if you want to save some money,buy Doug's headers,they are similar to TTi and a lot cheaper,and have John do the rest.Good luck fellow Canuck!!

The cheaper exhaust system from Summit does not fit so well. Accurate Exhaust made 2.5 system for me that worked great. They even supplied it extended for the shorter Dynomax Super Turbo's that i used. Not much cheaper than TTI but it did save some money. I used 70 exhaust manifolds but I am sure they can do it for headers. Good Luck!

Thanks again guys for the opinions, i'm gonna snoop around a bit more, maybe contact john cherrey and see what he has to say for prices

Tti 3 inchers are on my Cuda but it has an awefuly loud bellow noise at cruising speed. It's mind numbing. I gotta find a quitter muffler and sacrifice the low pitch Rumble.

Mine had new hooker headers on it when I bought it. The drivers side has two of the pipes that run under the steering linkage. Smashed flat in the first few weeks according to previous owner. Complete waste of money. Removed the with sawzall, went back to exhaust manifolds.

For sale at very reasonable price, some slight reassembly required.....

8A10D750-814F-4045-B933-10CF5DB6B027.jpeg

Mine had new hooker headers on it when I bought it. The drivers side has two of the pipes that run under the steering linkage. Smashed flat in the first few weeks according to previous owner. Complete waste of money. Removed the with sawzall, went back to exhaust manifolds.

For sale at very reasonable price, some slight reassembly required.....

View attachment 1715244678

My dad did the same thing in the early 80's. Except he used a hacksaw lol.....

JW

This is a 9 year old thread bought back from the dead....

Good advice never goes out of style! As a 1 year old, it is all new to me....

Mine were not pitted looking like that at all. And mine were ceramic coated for btr heat containment.

I installed these TTI’s in 2012. No special care what so ever. Nothing looks new forever.
I also used their full 2.5” exhaust with X Pipe. Fit was excellent and a very easy install.
I would pay the price again.

92C6EBF1-2E44-4F09-8B39-1A319AE46381.jpeg

C27F1F63-CA3D-4B6D-941D-2D15A265F7B4.jpeg

741DBDF6-DA06-4516-B987-41B4D7899FAA.jpeg

30219BE7-3BE5-413C-B8C7-665F63F8AECE.jpeg

-
Back