TTI Exhaust on a Duster anyone install one?

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
I am installing my TTI exhaust and the instructions for 67 to 76 A-bodies (might be off one way or the other but my 72 fit in there) say to remove the rear seat belt bolts and replace with provided #8 bolts ant install muffler brackets there. I did that and they are way off. Read further and it says may need to drill new holes on some applications. First of all, it's all I can do to read instructions at all, let-alone read ahead. :banghead: No biggie, anyone install and drill new holes for muffler mount brackets on there 70-72 Duster? The rear hangers are dead on.

I went ahead and drilled holes and mounted it. Seems to be fine. ended up about 4" behind and above the seat beat bolt holes. Then I did a little more drilling and some cutting and some swearing and some more swearing, a few kicks here and there and it's in.

Hey Dustedu2,

I'm glad you went through this first. When I get to that point on my 72' Duster, I'll just have to remember to come back and re-read this thread.

Thanks for your sacrifice,

Hey Dustedu2,

I'm glad you went through this first. When I get to that point on my 72' Duster, I'll just have to remember to come back and re-read this thread.

Thanks for your sacrifice,
Hope it is helpful. I will try and get some pic's of the muffler hangers mounted and post here.

I went thru the same thing on mine. Alot of swearing and carry'n on. I also took the seat belts out and put the longer bolts in and was way off on my 72 Duster. I believe i ended up using the original tabs on the floor boards between the shocks that held the factory tail pipe hangers. I had to drill them out bigger to accept the larger bolts. I worked on that for days. I am still not satisfied, the brackets are not even, one is twisted up. I feel I am going to go with the factory hanger and a 2.5 clamp to hold them in place. The hangers they send are so big... and there is no need for them that big, hang'in down looking like s--t. I also had a nightmare on the downpipe on the driver side. I have factory manifolds and that pipe was into my kickdown linkage and starter and something else. So they sent me a pipe for a manual transmission and it was alot better, did not have to cut anything either.

I installed TTI Headers and exhaust system on my 72 Demon (check out link below). I used the original hanger location. My car was an original single exhaust car so it only had a hanger bracket on the driver's side (same bracket used to attach brake line). I purchased a new hanger bracket for passenger side and mounted it in the stock location.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=97994

I installed TTI Headers and exhaust system on my 72 Demon (check out link below). I used the original hanger location. My car was an original single exhaust car so it only had a hanger bracket on the driver's side (same bracket used to attach brake line). I purchased a new hanger bracket for passenger side and mounted it in the stock location.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=97994
Awsome car, nice and clean. What frame rail connectors are those?

i have a 70 duster im just starting to install a 2.5 tti system with tti headers i cant get the flanges to line up on the headers to x pipe did u have to bend your x pipe to fit

i have a 70 duster im just starting to install a 2.5 tti system with tti headers i cant get the flanges to line up on the headers to x pipe did u have to bend your x pipe to fit
Yes, I did have to modify either the x-pipe or the connecting flange pipe. I may have cut one shorter than the other. Depending on how far off they are you might want to try pulling the headers together a little with a rachet strap (tie down) if it's like a 1/2 inch or so off. I had to do that also.
Hope this helps.

i have pics of 2 1/2 h pipe w/stock manifolds installed on 71 duster, ill post when i get on other pc at home. my hangers went thru stock seat belt hole like instructions say and it looks great w/tips too.

I have the TTI headers,,,didnt get the exhaust...had a friend of mine with a muffler shop bend up 2 1/2 inch pipe ging to flowmaster 40s and out factory repop 2 1/2 tips....
wanted to do the TTI ehaust but listened to others here that had it on there mopar A and B bodies and didnt like what they said....but I'm glad it worked out for u...congrats

from what I seen on my 1970..the way the TTI hearders are made...one goes in and the other goes down...on mine anyways....was going to x pipe...then said no sice my buddy said it was too much work...but with out the x pipe on mine..still sounds nice...

My TTI Exhaust needed some mods to fit on my 73 Swinger.

exhaust.jpg

headers.jpg

-
Back