tti exhaust on doug headers

-

mopardemon340

Reaction score
i have a 3 inch tti exhaust x pipe system and im putting it onto my doug headers.. for a 72 demon with 408 stroker.. need tips on how to set this up.. do i need to get the header adapter kit? cause i cant get them to meet up properly.

i have a 3 inch tti exhaust x pipe system and im putting it onto my doug headers.. for a 72 demon with 408 stroker.. need tips on how to set this up.. do i need to get the header adapter kit? cause i cant get them to meet up properly.
What parts do u have now. You need the x-pipe ....two elbows and two header adaptors/reducers

i have the x pipe the pipes the go to the front the x pipe... and i just ordered the universal header adaptor. they are 90 degree pipes i guess i cut and weld to make it fit.. unless there is a different header adaptors to use but i couldnt find any others.

i have the x pipe the pipes the go to the front the x pipe... and i just ordered the universal header adaptor. they are 90 degree pipes i guess i cut and weld to make it fit.. unless there is a different header adaptors to use but i couldnt find any others.
I have the tti setup including the headers..... the first time I assembled them and put them up to the headers ...the distance was too wide to go on the headers .... I put my floor jack under the x-pipe and raised them up and bolted the one side to the header and then pushed the elbows upward where the met the x-pipe and and that narrowed the space where they lined up to the header adaptors. Did not need to cut them.

You dont want to cut to much if you have too because you want the hangers to line up with the muffler/tailpipe joint. If you cut too much off .... the muffler/tail pipe joint will be to far forward from the hanger at the rear

On my TTI exhaust to the tti headers, I needed to cut the X pipe down to the max in order to get it to fit. And even then, I had to PUSH it together.

I have the tti setup including the headers..... the first time I assembled them and put them up to the headers ...the distance was too wide to go on the headers .... I put my floor jack under the x-pipe and raised them up and bolted the one side to the header and then pushed the elbows upward where the met the x-pipe and and that narrowed the space where they lined up to the header adaptors. Did not need to cut them.

We are currently going through this with my exhaust. I have the TTI header collector and a Dr. Gas X pipe. The bends are just too sharp for 3" pipe, so we had to take the collectors off and we are going to weld flanges to the pipe so that they bolt directly to the headers.

Anybody want to buy a pair of brand new TTI header collectors??!?! lol

-
Back