TTI Exhaust question

-

4spd340Swinger

Reaction score
I am looking at buying the following items for my new 408 Stroker I just received from Blueprint. My question is, what is everyone's thoughts on the Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers that come with the kit? I am not looking for extremely loud but not quiet also. I have read where some people are running a Borla muffler. Car has Flowmaster 40's on it now with the 340. What is everyone running? Thanks for the input.

2.5" X-Pipe System

1-5/8" x 1-3/4" x 3" Step Headers

It's a personal preference thing. I like the Dynomax mufflers.

IMG_1428.jpg

I have 3 TTI systems and like the Dynomax mufflers, not to loud at idle or low speeds but sounds nice when you're on it. Borla's are good sounding but loud and I hate Flowmasters. My Mopar buddy's always said Flowmasters are Chevy mufflers, they got to impress you with something.

I have only a hi-compression 367, (230/237/110 current cam), with TTIs, a full-length 3"system, and the supplied Dynomax muffs. Had it since 1999.
It fit like a glove, is still on the car 25 years later, and I have no complaints, even with the H cut out of it.
And, I have never gotten a ticket for it being too loud.
I have overdrive, So 65=2240, and not too loud to cruise with.
Even took it on a trip to Shakopee Min Car-Craft show, geared 85=2100.
Before I had the od, and with 3.55s, 65=~2900, 60=~2680, there was no drone with or without the H. I ran that way (no od/with H) for 4 years.
But the Dynomax beasts are heavy! That's Ok, I got/had a super hi-pressure 360, at that time, 190 plus psi..
Great sound, too. I got my son to run her by me a couple of times ; hoot, hoot!, loved it. My neighbors loved it too, I mean they told me so, and not a one of them ever came to my door complaining.
So there's that........ lol.

I have TTI 2 1/2" with X-pipe and the dynomax mufflers that come with kit, with turn down outlets. (I later added TTI stainless stock type tips that change the sound some)

Here it is on my 416 with XE-274-solid cam, open element air cleaner.

I had them on my 70 Dart, mild 360 with full length TTi system, including the Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, not too loud in "normal" driving situations, but you will definitely hear it when you hammer the throttle. The 68 Dart that my brother recently purchased has a full 2.5 inch TTi system, sounds pretty much the same, in fact my brother is planning to put those mufflers on some of his other cars because he likes the sound of them

Mine arrived today
I tried ordering through TTI and have had zero luck. It took 3 days just to get them to answer the phone and now 10 days later I still have not been sent a invoice. Did you go through TTI directly or a vendor? Hopefully the mfg side is quicker than the Sales side. Maybe just tyoical for businesses this day and age.

I tried ordering through TTI and have had zero luck. It took 3 days just to get them to answer the phone and now 10 days later I still have not been sent a invoice. Did you go through TTI directly or a vendor? Hopefully the mfg side is quicker than the Sales side. Maybe just tyoical for businesses this day and age.
Best place to get your TTI exhaust from is @HemiDenny :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What Scott said

I'm running Gibson MWA 3" on homemade 3" full dual exhaust.. it's not too loud, i'm gonna add some turn downs at the end i think though
(header leak has been fixed, Percy gaskets are awesome)

I ordered mine from Mancini Racing. The system is fdrop shipped directly from TTI. Mancini was very helpful with my questions. I just got my invoice yesterday and I ordered Monday.

-
Back