TTI head pipes

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Just arrived my new TTI head pipes,for the 69-70 hp exhaust manifolds,nice they are.My question is there is no dent to clear the torsion bars,or they made with out any dents,to fit .

I put them on a Duster, and I just got another set going on another duster. Yes, I put a small ding to clear the torsion bar. that was it. Maybe I didn't have to, but it was awful close. I suspect I'll do the same on this other set I'll be installing.

I put them on a Duster, and I just got another set going on another duster. Yes, I put a small ding to clear the torsion bar. that was it. Maybe I didn't have to, but it was awful close. I suspect I'll do the same on this other set I'll be installing.
For sum reason i saw a pic were tti put a dent to clear the T bars. any else.

The headers have a "Ding" in them to clear.

If the motor mounts are good, and the motor is in the correct location, you won't need to modify TTI's parts. You'd be surprised how far "off" an engine can be installed. All the bolt holes are either slotted or oversize. Combine that with a stack-up of tolerances, and that motor can be sitting "anywhere".

Mine fit very well in the 69. Ti clear the PS box I just had to shim the motor mounts up an 1/8". I think I got a shim pack from Mancini.
The tubes I got has factory dimples in them already.

They were the first headers I have had in all these years that fit and did not require any modifications to make them fit.

If the motor mounts are good, and the motor is in the correct location, you won't need to modify TTI's parts. You'd be surprised how far "off" an engine can be installed. All the bolt holes are either slotted or oversize. Combine that with a stack-up of tolerances, and that motor can be sitting "anywhere".
This is true. It still led to both of my dusters needing to have a ding by the driver side torsion bar. Neither were touching, but both just had a sliver of daylight. The engine will lift on that side. One has Schumacher mounts, the other has new mounts from O'reilly's.

-
Back