TTI Header install issues

-
~ Our headers were designed to fit with the engines located to the factory specifications. If the engine is not located correctly in the chassis, the headers will not fit properly. We strongly suggest you check your engine location prior to installation.

~ Due to various manufacturing designs, aftermarket parts, engine configurations, suspension combinations, etc... TTi cannot ensure headers and exhaust systems to fit all combinations. However, we have done our best to accommodate both factory and aftermarket component combinations. In some cases, slight modification or repositioning may be required on your part to clear the specific situation.
https://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Headers/340-Step/TTi340.htm

I know this wont help, but -----------Its important to have the engine located right to start with !

no doubt, this is the first step. in my case I start by mounting the gearbox with the original suports.

I like seeing muscle car owners in Europe! I can imagine how difficult it is getting parts.

I was stationed in England 1987-1990 and only saw two American muscle cars. A Camero and a Nova.

I'm sure you get a lot of looks when you drive your Mopar!!

in belgium I am responsible for the complete restoration of the engines of a very prestigious collection of vintage cars. I'm in love with all cars, but I really love American cars. Why? because they marked my childhood in Brazil. I work with brands like: Maserati (1950-1970), Porsche, all models, Ferrari (1950-1970), Aston Martin all models, Lamborghini all models, ... and dozens of other brands. But after a long day at work, what a joy to listen to the music of my 440 engine in my Dart.

Good headers never “flop right in”. Only junk headers do that.

I find it hard to believe the TTI instructions don’t cover installation.
I've never found any "junk" headers that flop right in an A body. As a matter of fact, I've never found any headers that flop right in an A body.

Mine went in fairly easy I was just happy I didnt have to drop the drag ling and tie rods. A lot easier than the Blackjacks I installed in my 68 Barracuda and that was on a lift.

-
Back