TTI headers for 6.1 A-Body

-

William P

Reaction score
Something thought you mite wanted to know. Bought a set of TTI headers for my 6.1 in my 69 Barracuda had to notch the frame to clear the header pipe on the passenger side. Also the collector hit the pan on the transmission (545RFE). So when they say there direct fit you want to question them.

:burnout:

Which TTI headers and what K frame?

Riddler
The headers were the one for the after market K-member, I used the K-Member from Denny Hemi. But that didn't have anything to do with the header hitting the transmission pan, and you could not move the motor any more to clear.

Put a long bar in the collector and bring it out some. I had to do this on my 5.7 with 545rfe trans.

When you pay $824 for a set of headers you expect them to fit with out bending.

Thats true to some extent...but Im also guessing TTI didn't assume people would be swapping out the old torqueflites for later transmissions etc....

Not making excuses for the frame rail interference...but the trans pan issue is one they cant expect to meet the market on.

They were told when ordered it had a 545 transmission, no excuse, they said they would fit.

They were told when ordered it had a 545 transmission, no excuse, they said they would fit.

Ah ha!! Now lying to a customer ain't the same as not meeting every possible variation.....you have every right to be cranky if thats what they said.:D

I raced the 69 Barracuda before I started the 6.1 change and I gave $1700 (Dawson Headers) for the headers then they were special made and had to send them back they hit the steering so that tells me doesn't matter what you pay for something. HaHa

not so funny. Imagine my situation if I order overseas. TTI advised on their page a wrong starter. I claimed and they sent me one for free. But its a small piece. Sending a whole set of headers back and forth....? Hm....

Put a long bar in the collector and bring it out some. I had to do this on my 5.7 with 545rfe trans.

Interesting. I have a 5.7 and 545rfe and the tti headers clear the trans pan. I have biscuit mounts but I am using 73 steering linkage so I had to do some pipe denting to clear the steering but had no issues with the transmission other than the some grinding on the structural cover to clear one pipe.

-
Back