TTI headers which ones to use?

-
Wouldn't it be nice if TTI would include slip connectors so that you wouldn't have to take 1/2 the car apart to install ? Just thinking .
People would just end up screwing up more tubeends making those slipfits not fit at all.
People would try so hard to wiggle the parts togheter that they end up leaking due to screwing up the nice and tight fitment.
People would complain that the parts dont fit togheter when they try to assemble the pieces in the wrong order.
People would complain about them costing more since that would require more cutting,deburring,reszing,expanding and more instructions(that people wont read)
People would end up calling alot more for assistance.
people would ***** on forums such as this over and over again over what i just wrote except everything they screw up would be TTIs fault.
And the list goes on and on.

How wonderfully optimistic of you . I had slip fit headers made on another car . Cost was within $100 of TTI's . I used never-seize on the slips . I wasn't a piece of cake but no leaks . Had them HPC coated . five years and still look great .

I have an older set of 1 7/8 tube Hooker slip joint headers on my bracket car. I painted them with high heat aluminum paint & never seize on the joints. I haven't had any problems with them leaking, nor removing them. I've only removed them three times in 9 years for refresh of the engine, I'll be removing them again as soon as I get the 416 built & ready to install.

Would very much like to see what that driver's shorty headpipe looks like after installation . Tia
Not great. It's like a 90° sharp turn. Sure it's pretty restrictive, but not as bad as the stock manifold, I'm sure!

Not great. It's like a 90° sharp turn. Sure it's pretty restrictive, but not as bad as the stock manifold, I'm sure!

Thank for getting back to me.
The last headpipe I saw, looked like the pee-trap under a kitchen sink.
A tight 120* bend trying to get the pipe over the steering.
Did you need to get a muffler shop etc, to form the pipe ?
Would you be so kind as to send us a pic.
Thanks again.

Thank for getting back to me.
The last headpipe I saw, looked like the pee-trap under a kitchen sink.
A tight 120* bend trying to get the pipe over the steering.
Did you need to get a muffler shop etc, to form the pipe ?
Would you be so kind as to send us a pic.
Thanks again.
I bought TTI's connecting pipes. It's pretty much impossible to take a picture of these once installed. Here are TTI's photos though:
AD-T25340440.jpg
HeaderAdapters.jpg

How wonderfully optimistic of you . I had slip fit headers made on another car . Cost was within $100 of TTI's . I used never-seize on the slips . I wasn't a piece of cake but no leaks . Had them HPC coated . five years and still look great .

Yeah i know im that one guy who makes everyone happy by just existing.Just kidding.
I dont have a problem with slipfit headers,i like them just like you do,and they are rarely a problem when owned by the group of people who are likely to buy them at present,the problem comes if you start marketing them towards everyone,thats where the isues arise and it doesnt take many people with centraly located thumbs who are skilled enough to destroy a 3foot piece of railwayrail within minuts inside a padded room, to ruin a companys reputation,trust me i have seen plenty of destruction and will admit i have done my stupid moves aswell but there are just to many people who just cant get things right and start using force when they should just either take a step back and think alitle more or just look at the destructionsmanual for a change.

I have an older set of 1 7/8 tube Hooker slip joint headers on my bracket car. I painted them with high heat aluminum paint & never seize on the joints. I haven't had any problems with them leaking, nor removing them. I've only removed them three times in 9 years for refresh of the engine, I'll be removing them again as soon as I get the 416 built & ready to install.
Yep slipfit tubes are nice when done right! see my post above about where the isues arise.

-
Back