TTI headers

-

dans4door1970

Reaction score
I'm installing a 408 stroker in place of my 318 factory motor. I have been told the TTI headers are the only ones that will fit out of the box. I have an 833 4speed for a tranny. Will these work and do I need the zbar mod.part from them as well? Any others work that are cheaper?? Do I place them in the car before I install the engine?:blob:
Thx

just put a set on my Dart. no mods needed with the zbar, I did mine on a hoist with the motor in. had to lift the drivers side motor a bit . remove your starter, oil filter and adapter, loosen off motor mounts.

Oh sorry you have to remove the steering linkage to go through the slip tube as well. I took I off at the end links and the pitman arm.

I had to use their Z-bar in my car with their headers. stock one wouldnt work for me.

I had to bend the end of the z-bar slightly to clear the header tubes. Other than that, no lifting the engine or other mods needed. I did however remove the 90 degree oil filter adapter in lieu of the flush mount adapter.

I pulled the manual sterring column as a precaution

Torsion bar removal is easy, if needed ! Be sure to check engine height, and be centered as shown on TTI's web site," Installation Instructions " The tie rod or idler arm stud end may contact your hedder and you won't know it !

I had to bend the end of the z-bar slightly to clear the header tubes. Other than that, no lifting the engine or other mods needed. I did however remove the 90 degree oil filter adapter in lieu of the flush mount adapter.

I pulled the manual sterring column as a precaution

Did you use the 90 degree oil filter adapter when all was done or didn't you need it??

-
Back