Tti headers

-

doopdoop67

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got some tti headers because I got a new motor for my car. I figured the stock manifolds were killing a ton of power. Do you guys think I’ll feel a big difference or are headers a wasted? 360 10.1 compression edlebrock top and kit. What do you guys think? Also has anyone installed tti headers? Are they easy to install?

Have installed many sets ...over and over.....read the instructions....easiest set I ever put on.....if you read the instructions....

someone will come along and tell you exactly how many hp you increased....lol

Have installed many sets ...over and over.....read the instructions....easiest set I ever put on.....if you read the instructions....

someone will come along and tell you exactly how many hp you increased....lol
I’ve heard they are the best fitting easiest to install. I hope it gives me a little more power

headers are the best performance per buck you can install , carbs n manifold next , cam n heads last . but the chassi must match or your up in smoke .

i agree , just the change to headers will be a difference , if you shop the extra bucks for the mandrel bent exhaust , there will be a better power n torque path through the rpm . and if the muffer shops are the same in quote . it was around the same cost as they would change for a crush bents system installed .

The only way to feel the difference on your exact engine/trans/diff ratio/tire combo is to install stock manifolds and then drive/dyno it and then put your TTI headers on and do it again. Anything else is just someones guess. They are the best fit and function out there. TTI only does Mopar, always has.

This video is one that will give you a general idea of what you gain with headers vs. manifolds. While your engine is not the same, it serves as good information none the less.

This video is one that will give you a general idea of what you gain with headers vs. manifolds. While your engine is not the same, it serves as good information none the less.

My problem with that test is that the "manifolds" they are using are actually cast iron headers. So they are quite a bit better than your typical production manifolds.
As for power increase, when I replaced a set of early hi-po 340 manifolds with TTI headers on my 67 Barracuda with mild 360, there was a HUGE difference, and it was everywhere, not just up top. (Now I did also replace the 2 1/4 inch muffler shop pipes with TTI 2.5 inch mandrel bent X-pipe exhaust, so maybe that helped, too.)

My problem with that test is that the "manifolds" they are using are actually cast iron headers. So they are quite a bit better than your typical production manifolds.
As for power increase, when I replaced a set of early hi-po 340 manifolds with TTI headers on my 67 Barracuda with mild 360, there was a HUGE difference, and it was everywhere, not just up top. (Now I did also replace the 2 1/4 inch muffler shop pipes with TTI 2.5 inch mandrel bent X-pipe exhaust, so maybe that helped, too.)
I’m thinking there will be a huge power difference with my headers on the car. I have stock 318 manifolds on a pretty build motor.

Hey guys I just got some tti headers because I got a new motor for my car. I figured the stock manifolds were killing a ton of power. Do you guys think I’ll feel a big difference or are headers a wasted? 360 10.1 compression edlebrock top and kit. What do you guys think? Also has anyone installed tti headers? Are they easy to install?

Dont know about the install. , but they will help a bunch , if ur tuned for them !

easiest header install of the headers i've used , you will feel the difference the more built theengine is the more you will feel it '
good luck

0442CF35-E50D-4F79-AF92-2051B7756BF5.jpeg
634EE1A0-EB71-4417-A329-219A662930E4.jpeg
C45ED028-9E85-4EE7-B284-4AEAB5EEAF51.jpeg
CA004E50-6AE2-418E-98B4-B1F77820B1C1.jpeg
Over all the header install was pretty easy. Driver side was kind of trick but I got the headers on in about 2 hours. Here’s how they look

456A5A7B-FE96-4E28-B6B2-A7B776F7EB57.jpeg

-
Back