TTI instalation question

-

Sparky

Reaction score
I have had a set of TTI's for over a year and I am finaly going to install them(moved last year you know what that is like) I have not read the instructions through but have followed several threads on instalation.I read that the front end must be jacked very high. This seems like a dumb question as I write but here goes, I have a 4 post hoist in my shop, will it still be necessary to get the car angled up in the front or will I be good to go if I have it up in the air? I seem to remember something about suspension parts being in the way, therefore the front end needs to be up high??
Thanks

I had to have my front bumper 40" off the ground to get mine installed, but that was with a big block. Torsion bars had to come out and I removed the steering column and jacked up the engine on one side. I suggest doing everything the instructions say and more.Good luck.

I read some where that you can use a dodge dakota starter instead of the tti starter for the early a-bodies. Who has done it?

I had to put mine up pretty high and jack the motor up almost out of the mounts to get mine in. They are a PIA to get in, but man they are worth the fight.

I think by design those headers are meant to be put in with a car lift, a trans jack or equal, a ladder and no less than two people who know what they`re doing. With that it might be a job you could bear.

-
Back