tti or schumacher headers ??????

-
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out which headers you guys like better ??? It's one of the last parts I need to get so I can finish this project.

Attachments

• 324.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 750
I just bought a set of 1 7/8 headers for my 408, but I do not have them on yet. Thats the size and brand my engine builder told me to get. I don't have them on yet.. You will hear arguments for different brands. I wanted these so I wouldn't have any issues with fit or hanging down, cause I would bang them trust me.

I would prefer the TTI ones. I put them in my early A-body with a 360 with nearly zero modifications. I don't know the Schumacher ones...
But nitice that you need a very small starter!!

I would prefer the TTI ones. I put them in my early A-body with a 360 with nearly zero modifications. I don't know the Schumacher ones...
But nitice that you need a very small starter!!
I got mine from DB electrical off EBay It was like 64.00 got my chrome alternator from them also. They are pretty reasonable also.

I've run Schumachers down to 11.80 all motor and 11.59 on juce with a diff set of heads.
IMGP1289.jpg

tti's 10.70's off the juice.
IMGP0230.jpg

Buy the headers for your build

I buy headers based on what my requirements are.

If I need a 1 7/8th primary with a 3.5 collector I buy a header with that.
If I need 1 5/8 with a 3 inch collector, I buy that.

brand means nothing really. You can buy a set of 150 dollar headers that meet the physical requirement and with a simple coating job make them just as good as any header you are overcharged for.

I've seen some headers for dirt cheap on summit that would be really awesome and no worse than any "status quo" header with a good ceramic coat on them from a quality standpoint. Headers have become a lot more complicated and overpriced in recent years than they ever needed to be.

I went with the Schumacher for how they fit. I can get a few more HP's out of set of TTI's. but I am very pleased with the Schumachers. I am running 12.00@ 113 MPH with mufflers on. So that's not to bad. Sure it could be better with the TTI's. The Schumacher are alot easier to remove too.

Attachments

• eng1.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 511
Schumacher's are very good with power steering or not, fit is excellent and would be my choice for a street car. I think if you want coated you send them out yourself or they have nickel-chrome coating only. and yes I have run 11.90's with a low deck stroker in a 3600 lbs car. No doubt TTI's will make more power and the look of long tubes can't be beat. Cost with ceramic coating for both will be about $700 to $800 bucks when all is said and done. Just a thought.....

Thanks inkjunkie . Figured the pic would speek for itself !
Oh well excuse me for not noting it was a big block What difference does that make? if he needs a mini starter he needs a mini starter big block or small block..

I have had Schumachers on my 383 daily driver since 2005. I had the OEM starter in there no problem.

The Schummies Do Not Capture the large starter.

in 2009, the OEM starter went out and I installed a Dakota Mini starter.

---

I've always said buy the right tool for the right job.
The 2 cars shown were for that purpose.
Here's another one.

Hooker 2 inch headers.
9 sec car.
IMGP1126.jpg

My cars.
P7010740.jpg

-
Back