Tti Pictures!!!!!

-

DJVCUDA

Reaction score
Heres are some pix I just got from abodyjoe...

tti%20earl%20a%201.jpg

tti%20early%20a%202.jpg

tti%20early%20a%203.jpg

and directions!!!

http://www.abodyjoe.com/pictures/early abody tti/2493394-II-TTI636A.doc

does the parking brake cable make noise from being under the one
exhaust pipe?

7. Remove the Torsion Bar. The torsion bar will pass thru the header when re-installed. ( REFER TO THE SHOP MANUAL FOR THE PROPER PROCEDURE ) :wack:

i got those pictures from another site.. they are suposed to be straight from tti.. they are tight looking but they are on there...lol

Moparmecca has them for around $750.

I wonder how much horsepower over the stock 273 manifolds they are
going to make?I already have a good dual 2.25" system,
using the stock manifolds.

They sure look nice, :thumblef:
but, it will be a long time, before I can spend that
kind of money for 15-25 horsepower.

"I wonder how much horsepower over the stock 273 manifolds they are
going to make?I"

alot more... i know djvcuda went from 340 manifolds to a set of spitfires and the difference was night and day.. i can only imagine what a full length 3" collector headder will do over a small 273 manifold...

whitey said:
I have a 72 Swinger...the torsion bar goes through the header?????????

The headers in this thread are 1963-1966 Abody.

These just came out, it has been tough getting headers for the
EARLY A bodies.

TTI has different one for 67-newer ;).

abodyjoe said:
"I wonder how much horsepower over the stock 273 manifolds they are
going to make?I"

alot more... i know djvcuda went from 340 manifolds to a set of spitfires and the difference was night and day.. i can only imagine what a full length 3" collector headder will do over a small 273 manifold...

:thumblef:
Good Point!!

Hmm; with a 3 inch collector, that is going to help a Lot,
on any higher horsepower/ larger CID engines. :)

On my mild 318/ 4bbl .430/.450 cammed engine it will not help as much
as someone with a 360, and a .480 + lift cam. :)

i have to be honest, i have always stayed away from early a-bodies. it was from the lack of a good under chassis headers. i wish now that i hadn't sold that one owner 1965 Dart GT! you gotta give it up for TTI

more great news. for alterktion ouners in there early A bodies who are using the new hemi bill has modified a set of tti headers and has sent them back to tti to produce. without a steering box you have more room on the driverside of the car. bill said itll be a few months before tti gets them rolling. as time passes used hemis will get cheaper and more guys can use them in swaps. Hot Rod had a great artical on caming the 5.7 a few months back. just by raising the rev limiter the 5.7 with tti headers got 401 hp at 6100rpm. then they took comp cams biggest cam for the new hemis and got 480 hp. im sure the 6.1 could get over 500 hp easy.

Dodgenut64 said:
more great news. for alterktion ouners in there early A bodies who are using the new hemi bill has modified a set of tti headers and has sent them back to tti to produce. without a steering box you have more room on the driverside of the car. bill said itll be a few months before tti gets them rolling. as time passes used hemis will get cheaper and more guys can use them in swaps. Hot Rod had a great artical on caming the 5.7 a few months back. just by raising the rev limiter the 5.7 with tti headers got 401 hp at 6100rpm. then they took comp cams biggest cam for the new hemis and got 480 hp. im sure the 6.1 could get over 500 hp easy.

For the record: the 340 horsepower rating (5.7L) and 425 HP numbers (6.1L) are net figures..........the gross/brakeHP specs are probably more like 400 for the smaller Hemi and 500+ for the 6.1L SRT-8 mill. :drinkers:

great pic on the TTI systems, and whats this talk about a new hemi in our early a bodys?

Nice headers. i wish I could run them on my 383 Demon but TTI says they won't fit with my power steering so Schumacher instead. :sad2:

Dodgenut64 said:
for alterktion ouners in there early A bodies who are using the new hemi .

What? Is alterktion a new type of k frame set up or a new word?

Just got back from Mopars at the strip show and they had the headers and the system on display. Nice headers, 1-5/8 step to 1-3/4 and 3" system. Headers are not in pieces like the Dougs so installation will be more difficult but the people and the craftsmanship at tti are first rate. I will buy the 3" system from them.

I called TTI on Tues. Mar 21 (951-371-4878), as my TTI distributor here in Canada told me they haven’t released the early A Body header yet. They told me they are not actually selling them yet as they are trying to develop a special starter to work with these headers. Even the mini starter doesn’t work. I know someone on here said they ordered some! So I guess I'll have to wait. :)
Any one else heard this.

OldVart said:
Wild1, it's kinda' both. Bill Reilly over at Bigblockdart.com builds and sells them. Have a look-see. :)

It was a short break but I looked and did not see anything about alterktion ouners I am still lost. do you have a link to stear me in the correct direction

Wow !! those are cool headers. Now I wished I hadnt bought the Laysons shorties I've already got. But on the other hand, the TTI headers sure look like a pain to install.

Oh well, looking at the bright side, I wont have to wrangle with a tough install with the shorties. I'm not out to set the world on fire either - anything's got to be better than the OEM cast iron pieces.

Keith Mopar said:
I called TTI on Tues. Mar 21 (951-371-4878), as my TTI distributor here in Canada told me they haven’t released the early A Body header yet. They told me they are not actually selling them yet as they are trying to develop a special starter to work with these headers. Even the mini starter doesn’t work. I know someone on here said they ordered some! So I guess I'll have to wait. :)
Any one else heard this.
They had a powermaster mini starter on the small block in the display and it fit. They were recommending the powermaster mini starter.

wild1_Robertson said:
It was a short break but I looked and did not see anything about alterktion ouners I am still lost. do you have a link to stear me in the correct direction

here ya go.. https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=255

its a whole kit that gives you rack & pinion steering,saves about 80lbs, gets rid of the torsion bars and has quite a few brake options.... it is a bad *** set up... pretty much the best on the market....

66dartman said:
They had a powermaster mini starter on the small block in the display and it fit. They were recommending the powermaster mini starter.

Thanks 66dartman :thumblef:

-
Back