TTI Problem

-

65SignetSweden

Reaction score
My headers hitting the frame rails on both sides and left innerfender, I use the correct shumacher enginemounts and I have messured the engine location.The engine sits right were it should, do anybody else had this kind of problem with tti?

I had to use a number of shims on mine to get the engine to align perfectly. I have Schumaker mounts too and a 340. The real headache is when you thread the torsion bars and install the steering shaft. Everything want to hit. It takes some serious patience and hair-pulling but they do fit.

I would not use the factory steering pot coupler it get way too hot. Get yourself a flaming river u-joint. $160 but well worth it.

you can see most of my pics here
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=13213&page=11

Sorry no pics yet. But it´s like the collectors are to wide apart dosn´t matter if you raise, lower or move it right or left. they still hitting the framerails but clears everyting else! :angry5:

Headers at are a crapshoot at the best of times. Even the tti's. The early 'A' body is really congested, as I'm sure you're finding out. Sounds like a header and/or frame rail mod is in order. Pics?

Got some photos.

Right side
04-05-08_1528.jpg

Left side
04-05-08_1526.jpg

You can see that I had to do a dent just above the brake line. It´s almost 1/2 inch deep
04-05-08_1525.jpg

I didn't run into that problem. what heads are you running. I take it that no amount of shims helped. Strange I saw a few cars with tti's this weekend. Hope things work out.

I have the Edelbrocks. I messured and compare the stock heads with the Edelbrock and the exhaust ports are located the same. And TTI says that the headers will work with the Edelbrock heads.I think my set was made on a monday. :crybaby:

that sucks. i have seen the tti's on eddy heads too. weird.

I would call TTI and see what they say. For what those headers cost they should drop right in with no denting.

-
Back