TTI Shorties on 340 - 67 Cuda...Anyone running them?

-

MobileCustoms

Reaction score
I am ready to buy a set of the Ceramic shorties and adapter pipes for my 67 cuda with a 340. Just wondering if anyone can give a review of them and how the fit is before I pull the lever on the purchase.

I really like that they go on top of the steering for more ground clearance.
Looks like I will need to swap in a different starter too and from reading here, I am wondering if the starter for the 2005 dodge truck/5 speed is the one i would want to buy.

TTi 34025 are the ones I am looking at

TTI34025-AD.jpg

Thanks!

Doug

over $600 huh. why not just go with their (or dougs) full length? neither hang low... i don't get it. why go with shorties?

over $600 huh. why not just go with their (or dougs) full length? neither hang low... i don't get it. why go with shorties?

So the long ones don't wrap under the center link??? I guess that's where I am unclear. Would love to hear some good options for ground clearance as well as overall good fit and ease of install, etc. I'm always open to spending less!

Definitely more clearance than the long tubes from TTI. However, the big bonus may be the ability to use a long pitman on an A body.

So the long ones don't wrap under the center link??? I guess that's where I am unclear. Would love to hear some good options for ground clearance as well as overall good fit and ease of install, etc. I'm always open to spending less!

tti and dougs do not wrap under the center link like the cheap headers.

the used one is a typical cheap one. see how much lower it will hang..
5-17-05009.jpg

plenty of ground clearance..

DSC02553-1.jpg

I presume you are aware of the power loss with shorties. Not much with a stock engine, more as power goes up.

Definitely more clearance than the long tubes from TTI. However, the big bonus may be the ability to use a long pitman on an A body.

I'm not sure what pitman arm setup i have just yet, as i just got this car a few weeks ago...But I do know that it steers almost as easily as if it had power steering, even when sitting still. Not sure if the previous owner put something different in or what but I like it!

After some more searching, it does look like the Doug's Headers come with everything needed whereas the TTI's don't. That alone will save a bundle providing they fit well.

I presume you are aware of the power loss with shorties. Not much with a stock engine, more as power goes up.
I have the headman shorties and seat of the pants no real loss , at the track car ran 2/10ths faster with the shorties over the hooker headers they replaced . 398 hp 412 tq .

tti and dougs do not wrap under the center link like the cheap headers.

the used one is a typical cheap one. see how much lower it will hang..
5-17-05009.jpg

plenty of ground clearance..

DSC02553-1.jpg

Thanks for the photos! Are those ones Dougs or TTIs?

..if it's easy to steer in the parking lot you probably don't have any + caster.
..if it steers o.k. at hi speed you're probably good to go.
shorty's are just a nice light, neat set-up,i like them

tti. but dougs are run the same way.

I see the TTIs have the option for the inside ceramic coating as well. I didn't see that option for the Dougs. Can anyone tell me if there is a better fit between the two brands?

Thanks again,

I have the long tti on my 67 barracuda great ground clearance, install was not a 5 min job but it was ok. Fit is great you can get to starter now, no problems with them. I have the cermanic polished, inside not coated, they have about 4000 miles on them and still look like the day I installed them.

I have a set of Doug's on my Duster. Even with 1.12" torsion bars and Milodon's road race pan, everything fit without dimpling or denting anything. Install was a colossal pain in the butt, but it wouldn't have been any easier than TTI's with my particular set up. I also had to modify my z-bar since I have a 4 speed, but again, that's the same as TTI's. In fact, I used TTI's instructions to do it :D. Doug's headers come with everything you need to install them, and even sit higher than the TTI's do for more ground clearance. It's only about a 1/4" to 1/2" from what I understand, but ground clearance is ground clearance- especially with my car sitting low and running the Milodon pan.

As an additional bonus, when I installed Summit Racing's 2.5" dual exhaust kit, I didn't have to bend anything. All that I had to do for install was shorten a few of the intermediate pipes by a few inches, and everything lined up perfect at the headers and the bumper. From what I understand, Summit's exhaust takes a little modification to bolt up to TTI's. Still far less painful on the wallet than TTI's full system.

IMG_1401_zpsa43d0db5.jpg

I have the long tti on my 67 barracuda great ground clearance, install was not a 5 min job but it was ok. Fit is great you can get to starter now, no problems with them. I have the cermanic polished, inside not coated, they have about 4000 miles on them and still look like the day I installed them.

Thanks!
So, looks like the tti headers shipped to my door are $828.00 (includes the inner thermal coating option that I would like) and the Dougs would be $616.00 (no inner thermal coating).

The only question left to make my decision is are the tti headers noticeably better/different for the additional $212.00 or should I save that money for other parts???

Obi Wan Kenobi, please help!

Since my name is also Doug, I am growing kinda partial to the Dougs!

6a00d83452a77469e20176171eea87970c-pi

I see the TTIs have the option for the inside ceramic coating as well. I didn't see that option for the Dougs. Can anyone tell me if there is a better fit between the two brands?

Thanks again,

i've never used dougs but have never read anything bad about them. the biggest difference between the two is that tti is a step header and dougs is not.

Thanks for all the info and photos, this is a great site! Since I don't race this car The previous owner did though and I was told it turned 11:90 with good slicks on it), I think I will go for the Doug's Headers and apply the savings towards some of the suspension parts I need to replace.
I will post up how the install goes, either way!

im runnin tti s on my dart with a 360 they hang a lil lower then i think they should tti shorties must be fairly new cause had i a seen them when i got my long tubes they would a been far more practicle for my build

-
Back