TTI's, Edelbrock Heads, Remflex

-

RDJ

Reaction score
67 Barracuda, 408 with Edelbrock heads, TTI headers. A couple of questions about this setup.

1) Do the Edelbrock heads have any wet exhaust bolt holes. Do most of you run all bolts for the headers, or studs on the outside bolt holes?

2) I should be breaking in the engine in the next couple of weeks. TTI says they won't cover warranty if you break in the engine with them on. I have a pair of stock 318 exhaust manifolds. Should I use those or just screw it and use the headers.

3) What gasket seals the best with this setup? I have a set of Remflex 6003 (1-1/16" x 1-25/32" Square End Ports,V8 engine, header gasket) but those gaskets have square end ports and the Edelbrock heads and TTI headers have an angle on the end ports, so I have my doubts about how they would seal.

I called Remflex and the woman I spoke with had no clue. After looking at the website, it looks like the 6028 would fit better, but they are listed as MOPAR,V8 - Magnum, For Use With Weld Bead Headers, 318 ('92-'02), 360 ('93 & Newer). Does anybody else use Remflex gaskets? Do yo know what part number.

BTW, my block is a 1984 LA block and the heads are the Edelbrock 60779

,,.I bought a set of used manifolds. TTI tells you that the the break in will destroy your headers and since you paid good $s, why take the chance ?

My 3 cents..
Ian.

on the break in...

if you can get the timing set just after the engine fires..and maybe sure that the carb is not set too lean...you will have no problem with their coating.

I have done two new engines with tti headers...
had timing light hooked up and ready...

On the Edelbrock heads, I'm not sure if there are wet exhaust bolt holes. For gaskets, a guaranteed seal and the absolute best exhaust gaskets in my opinion, are the Percy's Seal-4-Good Exhaust Gaskets. You will not be disappointed. I used these gaskets on cheapo rusted out bent flanges hedmann headers and iron heads on my 318, and it sealed right up! It made me a believer...Well worth it...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PHP-66037/?rtype=10

67 Barracuda, 408 with Edelbrock heads, TTI headers. A couple of questions about this setup.

1) Do the Edelbrock heads have any wet exhaust bolt holes. Do most of you run all bolts for the headers, or studs on the outside bolt holes?

Yes, the ends are wet, just like the originals. I use the factory stud, cupped washer and nut.

2) I should be breaking in the engine in the next couple of weeks. TTI says they won't cover warranty if you break in the engine with them on. I have a pair of stock 318 exhaust manifolds. Should I use those or just screw it and use the headers.

If the cam is mild, and you are sure of the timing, and carb setup, you may be fine. Roller cams are more break in friendly...

3) What gasket seals the best with this setup? I have a set of Remflex 6003 (1-1/16" x 1-25/32" Square End Ports,V8 engine, header gasket) but those gaskets have square end ports and the Edelbrock heads and TTI headers have an angle on the end ports, so I have my doubts about how they would seal.

I use Remflex gaskets, but won't again, because they are not re useable. Take them apart and they fall apart.

I called Remflex and the woman I spoke with had no clue. After looking at the website, it looks like the 6028 would fit better, but they are listed as MOPAR,V8 - Magnum, For Use With Weld Bead Headers, 318 ('92-'02), 360 ('93 & Newer). Does anybody else use Remflex gaskets? Do yo know what part number.

I don't remember the part #, but they worked fine.

BTW, my block is a 1984 LA block and the heads are the Edelbrock 60779

I bought new edelbrock heads last year and the ALL the bolt holes are dry. I know this for a fact because I removed the headers without draining the coolant and I do not run any sealer on the bolts either.

I bought new edelbrock heads last year and the ALL the bolt holes are dry. I know this for a fact because I removed the headers without draining the coolant and I do not run any sealer on the bolts either.

I had to check and make sure about this, and YES, it is true that Edelbrock heads have DRY exhaust bolt holes. I just now looked at mine and it is clear they are dry! Don't know what kind of Eddy heads GMachineDartGT has...

-
Back