Tub and spring relo

-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
i have moved the stock wheel wells to the framerails and the springs onto the framerails. I have a narrowed ford nine inch that has been cut down to 44 inches.

What backspacing should i be looking for with the narrowed rear and what is the biggest tire I could fit under there?

thanks in advance

chad

Wow! 44" that is really narrow. There are ways to measure wheel offset and tire size with tools they sell on the internet or you could use the coat hanger method. I built my rear to work with my tires and wheels.
I am just finishing up the mini tubs, parallel 4-link, new axles, installing my narrowed rear and disc brakes on my dart. My rear ended up being 54.5" hub to hub, but I run quite a bit of +offset. It is a very tight fit with 12" rims and 325/50/15 drag radials. After trimming the fender lip I have about 3/4" on each side. I am a little worried about rubbing, but I am hoping with the 4-link and track bar the rear shouldn't move at all. I will see if I can find some pics.

thanks i was looking for a balpark because i dont have it in yet to measure and was hoping someone else had a 44 inch rear and could pop in

im looking at prices and stuff but have no clue on the ofset

Just mock up the housing with an axle stuffed in it, follow the directions for bbd.com and boom you got yourself a spot on idea for backspacing.

reguardless of your rearend width aren't you still limited by the width of your tubs? I know with my Cuda, when I moved my springs and tubbed it, with 16" wide tubs, I could go with either 10 or 12 inch rims but no tire tread wider than 15" (but remember sectional width is wider than the tread).I was going to narrow my rear but decided it was cheaper to buy wheels with a deep backspace. With my stock rear, and measuring from the outer face of the drum to the inner tub wall, I have 10" and approx. 6" to the outside tub wall. So I am going with 12" wide rims with a 7.5" backspace (cuz the price of wheels double over that). With all the tires I looked at their sectional dimentions were always 3+" wider than the tread width so it shouldn't rub and still fill the tubs up with a little room to spare.

-
Back