Tubular K member wanted, rejects and demos...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okibonoe

Reaction score
Im looking for a lightweight, drag style K member. It doesnt need motor mounts, as i am using a plate. It doesnt need to be burly, as im running a 4 banger with the corresponding half radiator. I can stick with torsions or go coil over....

Whats floating around out there?

If keeping with torsion bars why not just keep the stock k-frame?

Because im building a drag car that will see 95% track, 5% street. I want the front end as light as possible. Im also running motor plates, so the K member isnt going to be needed to hold the motor. If you look at what Fox bodies use, their tubular K members are VERY light weight. Obviously the suspension design is different, but its reasons like that why the Fox is so successful as a drag platform. There should be something similar for our platform that isn't the cost of a crate motor.

I'm thinking you may need to build a fox body thinking like that.

You can't compare a fox body and a Mopar. Light year difference.

Not sure you will save much if any weight with a tube set up and keeping the torsion bars.

Only thing close to what you are asking for ( other then custom made for you) is the qA1 set up. And I'm not sure that's saving much if any weight.

Im looking for a lightweight, drag style K member. It doesnt need motor mounts, as i am using a plate. It doesnt need to be burly, as im running a 4 banger with the corresponding half radiator. I can stick with torsions or go coil over....

Whats floating around out there?

You need to start a wanted thread Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back