Tubular Upper Control Arms

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
I want to improve the handling of my car this winter and was thinking about changing the upper control arm bushings to the Moog offset bushings. But would I be better off just replacing the whole control arm to a tubular style to dial in more caster and camber?
My car is street driven only and the alignment is setup to 67 specs.
I also want to change the tie rod adjustment tube to a solid piece and I have a 20:1 worm shaft for ma manual steering box.

To be honest it is a toss up. What are you planning to do with the car ? If you are going to be just street driving I would say going the moog offset because most of the tubular arms either use delrin or heim joints instead of control arm bushings so you will loose the comfort quality factor that you get with the moog offsets. But the nice thing is that with with certain tubulars you have adjustment.

If it's just street driven, go with the new bushings. There's also an alignment table I think Allpar posted quite awhile ago to help A-bodies handle better depending on the driving conditions.

Yes, I will go with the new alignment specs. I just need to know if the offset bushings would get me the caster and camber that they list. Or would the tubular control arms be necessary to get the 3.0 caster spec that the chart calls for.

-
Back