Tubular upper control arms

-

sydcuda

Reaction score
Just wondering, what's the consensus on tubular upper control arms for street use? Are they strong and safe enough for regular use? Do they place added stress on the control arm mounting points in the frame rails?

I have a set installed on my 68 cuda, made here in Australia, with added webbing between the two arms and nicely made indeed. They look very strong and are similar to the Firm Feel control arms available over there. But I've noticed some negative press on tubular uppers, albeit seemingly relating to inferior quality products.

Any comments?

I have a set on my Dart since about 1998 when the first Magnumforce arms came out with no issues about 40-50k miles. To me, the increased caster makes them an essential part to a good suspension.

i think the negative press if for the CAP tubular arms. I have yet to hear anything bad about the firm feel ones.

I am looking into these myself and the Alterkation system but the kits are so expensive: almost 8k from Pentastarparts. Have you installed them yet?

Brett
Sydney

When I convert to BBP, I plan on acquiring the tubular UCA's.......Not sure which set yet, but it'd be cool to set up a comprehensive thread on the pro's and con's of all the popular ones out there!

RMS has some arms with over 60K miles on them with no reported issues.

I have the Control Freaks front end tube K member with tube uppers and lowers. I drive the car to the track for bracket racing and drive home with no issues. I have a extra Control Freaks K member with motor mounts for $500. This was purchased for my 72 Duster running a 5.7 Hemi

-
Back