Tuneing supercharged stroker

-

Reaction score
I have a 416 currently tore down, it is a na engine with ported eddies and a hydraulic roller. I was thinking of getting more work done to my heads or different heads all together. Then I started snooping around this forum, well now I'm really debating. Now I'm thinking drop compression, change cam to a boost friendly and go with one of them torqstorms. My motor made a touch over 500 hp before and even though dropping compression and cam I'm assumeing 600 hp wouldn't be a problem with boost. After that I understand stock blocks are the weak point.
I'm running Fitech and have a bit of knowledge on general tuneing on na engines but ive never played with a boosted one. Is it a big learning curve ? I can see that there's a few more variables .

You might want to ask this question on the Fitech q&a board. There isn't much sense in re-inventing the wheel as there doesn't seem to be that much experience with it here. By the way, I am planning on going to Fitech on my blower engine.

Jack

Have A Look A My Planned Build , 8.5 CR approx , after doing all the maths 500 hp un boosted and 650 approx with a 671, thanks I had Fitech on A previous engine and It washed My Bores and Bearings out , professionally fitted

Hmmm. Funny you say that. That's the same reason my motor is out and tore down. Gas in oil from fast ez efi. Caught it in time though. No damage.

I'm installing a seperate af gauge. When I get up and going.

How much power does a blower rob ?

Hmmm. Funny you say that. That's the same reason my motor is out and tore down. Gas in oil from fast ez efi. Caught it in time though. No damage.

Very Good Question , Will have to ask My Engine Builder , looking to run 8lbs boost

Might have to go back to plan A. I can get in the 550 range with the setup I have. I would have to get 600 with a blower to equal ( plus added weight ). And from my understanding a stock block is getting risky past 600.

I would imagine the torque of the boosted setup would be insane though.

My take on it is, the blower doesn't rob any hp. It takes hp to turn it but you end up with a net gain in hp and tq so it doesn't rob you.

Jack

-
Back