-
Status
Not open for further replies.

OL DODGE

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a Holley oem carb for an 87 Dodge Omni list # 40296 or 40303.
They may also have been used on other Mopars of that year /
If you have any tuning info on these also i sure would appreciate it as mine keeps running too rich. I have changed plugs,wires distributor ,air pump check valve, coolant sensors , O2 sensor, O2 feedback solenoid,rebuilt the carb twice(although it's an 85 carb) timed and re-timed it, and of course a new cat converter. I sure do miss my 73 Dart.....................
Any help is appreciated .
Thanks
Bill

there's an L-body facebook page where you might find some help. I've used it for information and parts. Wish there was a "FLBO"!!

I played with a lot of Omnis. They are prone with pull over like the Pinto 2300.. They make mods for 350 and 500 holleys these motors because of the pull over problem. I had a 87 Horizon that ran perfect years ago. I hunted that car down just to by that carb back for my wife's Omni. I tried several different carbs on the super charged omni including Carter 4 bbls.. I ended up buying a 500 holley and the anti pull over kit sold buy a company out of Florida. They are made for the Roundy round cars.

You have a bad valve in that carb I believe it is a spring. It pumps fuel while above idle on its own.

Picture 023.jpg

spoiler pics 015.jpg

spoiler pics 108.jpg

spoiler pics 109.jpg

spoiler pics 110.jpg

spoiler pics 111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back