Turbo cold air ram intake

-

T56MaxTorq

Reaction score
My turbo mag 318 duster constructed with a EQ roller headed, cammed, 62-1 turbonetics, 44lb /hr megasquirt controlled injector and CD ignition timed stock block 318& 904. I mounted the turbo near the passenger side of the radiator. I was thinking of constructing a box type attachment to the fender and radiator support. I would incorporate a large flat air filter and mount it forward on the radiator support . I would also use a turbo velocity stack. Thus, preventing hot under hood air while grabbing fresh air from the grill in a zero resistance atmosphere. Am I overthinking it??

No. It sounds good. Just cut a hole in the radiator support and either make a small box in the engine compartment or throw the filter in between the radiator support and the grille.

Yeah exactly! I figure I get the advantage of a velocity stack with a cold air setup without much room

I can't find a picture of it but my friend stuffed an LS into a Hoden Torana (think Australian Road-Race Vega) and that's what he did. Cut a hole in the radiator support, make an aluminum box, and mount the air filter in the box much like what most OE cars have.

You can also go the Subaru route, and funnel air from the wheel well. That could work if space is limited. then you have your air box, with a snorkel out to the side.

-
Back