turbo mod info?

-

mrhollywood

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any links or info on how to mod a wastegate on a cummins turbo to run a lower psi?

I doubt you can go lower without changing the can. The best thing would be to get a non wastegated housing and use a external gate. They dont size them using A/R they use cm2. Like a 12 is the standard size on most 94-02 5.9s. some of the earlier dodges had a 18. Obviously the smaller the number the smaller the housing. You can find 14s and 16s also.you can find them between 50-100 bucks usually.

I might be able to wire the wastegate shut and just use an external one. But i feel like you could possibly adapt a vacuum actuator from something else as well.

I'm thinking about bolting it shut and using a external. That's what people have been saying on some of the turbo forums.

Or you could do an adjustable wastegate mod to the wastegate rod. Should be fairly common knowledge on how to do it. I have this done to my grand national turbo. Unless the cummins turbos use a bent rod that i have seen on other turbos.

-
Back