Turbo slant 6 powerwagon

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
Soooooo.......got a 75 dodge w100 clubcab short bed. Got access to slant 6 with 727 I was thinking of buying for my Powerwagon and going turbo any thoughts on this?

Soooooo.......got a 75 dodge w100 clubcab short bed. Got access to slant 6 with 727 I was thinking of buying for my Powerwagon and going turbo any thoughts on this?

Do it!!!!!! Any pics of the truck? Thing sounds awesome! What motor did it originally have, 360 or 318 probably??

image.jpg
Do it!!!!!! Any pics of the truck? Thing sounds awesome! What motor did it originally have, 360 or 318 probably??
It has a 360 (tired) 727 married transfer case (leaks like crazy) dana 44 front 8 1/4 rear with 3.54 gears.

I'm going to guess that the /6, 727, 4wd transmission core is a rare animal to find. Neat thought, but probably more work and more $ than a crate SB!

I'm going to guess that the /6, 727, 4wd transmission core is a rare animal to find. Neat thought, but probably more work and more $ than a crate SB!

That's easy as hell to get around. Use a divorced transfer case. They may have used them anyway.

Got a divorced transfer case np205, you think slant six will move my putasowagon around? Not planning on driving over 69-75mph

Got a divorced transfer case np205, you think slant six will move my putasowagon around? Not planning on driving over 69-75mph
depends how big this turbo you're talking about is?lol

there were plenty of D and W trucks with slants from the factory.

There were also a LOT of medium duty trucks with slant sixes. I mean a LOT. Like the D400 and D500. They pulled good for what they were.

I think the turbo slant choice is a really good one for the Power Wagon. It's a heavy beast. That will help give the turbo some spin up time. Should be interesting.

Slant six, ebay turbo' and a sniper or fitech. Its so simple! :) lol. Me and the guys here joke about turboing everything under the sun, especially with this shipment of blow through ready holley snipers we walk past every day lol

Slant six, ebay turbo' and a sniper or fitech. Its so simple! :) lol. Me and the guys here joke about turboing everything under the sun, especially with this shipment of blow through ready holley snipers we walk past every day lol
what brand is a good ebay turbo ?

what brand is a good ebay turbo ?
Its really hard to judge Honestly. The little t3/4 hybrids are hard to beat. I see them on there all the time for $150 with an internal wastegate. We have a few kids at work that have run them with success. Are they thousand dollar ball bearing units?...no. but seriously...perfect for a project like this.
Unless you find a used garret off a GNX. Or perhaps a ecoboost unit. Being the t3/4 hybrids are swap ready with common flanges, id try one of those without much hesitation.

Having the idea of ditching the slant 6 727 and using 904, for weight purposes. Trying to shave off weight, still gotta add transfer case behind this set up. Will 904 survive?

no reason it shouldn't, I prefer the 904 for a small block or slant. they can be built just as easy as the 727 and take less power to spin.

-
Back