Turbo timer with an alarm??

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
This is not for an A-body...this question is about my Duramax. Truck has a Viper alarm that was installed in 07 or so. It is a Viper 350HV. I want to install a turbo timer. Anyway to make the two work together? I will post schematics if anybody is able to help me out...just need to find them and I am heading out the door in about 3 minutes....Thanks in advance for any help provided...

This is not for an A-body...this question is about my Duramax. Truck has a Viper alarm that was installed in 07 or so. It is a Viper 350HV. I want to install a turbo timer. Anyway to make the two work together? I will post schematics if anybody is able to help me out...just need to find them and I am heading out the door in about 3 minutes....Thanks in advance for any help provided...
define work together?

Turn truck off, walk away...turbo timer shuts the truck down and then the alarm activates.

It is indeed plumbed into the cooling system...but what about the oil coking?

Turbo timer will do that without you needing to wire anything in. At least it did on my Cummins, all I had to do was lock the doors and shut them, it actually activated off of that. Not sure how your Viper system activates but mine depended on the doors locking.

It is indeed plumbed into the cooling system...but what about the oil coking?

That's the thing, the oil cannot physically get anywhere hot enough to Coke until All the water completely BOILS out of the turbo's CHRA housing,,,,,which will NEVER happen in normal use. Even if the the engine/turbo was severely abused and then INSTANTLY shut off, I seriously doubt that there'd be enough residual thermal energy in the CHRA to evaporate all its water. So if you don't instantly shut the engine off after running the ever living piss out of the engine, you have no need for a Turbo timer.

The same principal that makes it possible to Boil water in a styrofoam cup over an open flame keeps the Oil in the turbo from getting too hot.

Turbo timers were really designed to help NON-Water cooled turbos and it's just a needless expense to put them on a water cooled turbo.

That's the thing, the oil cannot physically get anywhere hot enough to Coke until All the water completely BOILS out of the turbo's CHRA housing,,,,,which will NEVER happen in normal use. Even if the the engine/turbo was severely abused and then INSTANTLY shut off, I seriously doubt that there'd be enough residual thermal energy in the CHRA to evaporate all its water. So if you don't instantly shut the engine off after running the ever living piss out of the engine, you have no need for a Turbo timer.

The same principal that makes it possible to Boil water in a styrofoam cup over an open flame keeps the Oil in the turbo from getting too hot.

Turbo timers were really designed to help NON-Water cooled turbos and it's just a needless expense to put them on a water cooled turbo.
@myduster360.....thank you very much for the education...and saving me a bit of $$$

-
Back