Turkey w/bacon in the smoker

-

67gtx

Reaction score
Threw the bird in after 24 hrs of brining. And a little bacon for flavor. Pecan wood for smoking.

CIMG4929.jpg

CIMG4930.jpg

CIMG4928.jpg

...and that's why 67gtx is also known as "GrillMaster" in Inland Mopars Car Club! You gotta taste his pork ribs! Great stuff.
Normally I'd say he better bring some turkey to the next club meeting but I know there won't be any leftovers from this bird!
That looks great.

I'm on my way with beer.=P~

JK. Looks real good. Here is last years roto bird.

Attachments

• DSC00005 (Custom).JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 98
Boy, If I knew you guys were so hungry I would have put more bacon on. This one is a free range none frozen bird. And 24 hrs of brining to make it tasty.

CIMG4936.jpg

CIMG4934.jpg

Brining is soaking the turkey in a salt water(brine) solution for at least 24 hrs.

Supplies: To properly brine a turkey you need to start the night before you plan to cook. You will need at least 10 to 12 hours (plan on 1 hour per pound), a container large enough to hold your turkey and enough brine to cover it. You'll also need salt, water, sugar, seasonings, and enough room to refrigerate it. A large stainless steel stock pot or even a 5 gallon clean plastic bucket would make excellent containers. Whatever container you choose the turkey needs to have enough room to be turned so it should be big. Both Reynolds (Oven Roasting Bag for Turkeys) and Ziploc (XL Storage Bag) make very large food safe resealable bags that are great for brining.

You better hope JR dont see that bacon. We'll have to buy him a new keyboard after he washes all the bacon slobbers out of it. That bird looks good. Ya act like ya know what your doin.
Small Block

Un frozen birds are the best =P~ I have not had one in a long time, but I will never forget it =P~=P~
My uncle Robert taught me everything I know about cooking, No wait, My grandmother taught me how to cook many things :clock::clock: Like gravy from squirrel and started cooking when I was ten years old for the family, I wrap most all my dear shoulders in bacon and slow cook.
Yes sir!!!!67gtx has it going on :cheers:Great job :happy10:
I agree, JR. better stay away from this thread :-D

Attachments

• 10307.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 103077.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 1030777.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 96
That bird's getting 'tiger-striped' from the bacon.
You know, it wouldn't taste as good but with a little less bacon you could have given that bird a flamin' butt stripe like the one on your Dart

Attachments

• DSC_0158 (Small).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 71
-
Back