Turn & Burn... What did the cars bring?

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
Anyone watch Turn & Burn on Discovery Channel last night? I got bored and fell a sleep watching this show. I never go to sleep that early. The flat black paint job on the Pontiac looked like crap. The red on the door jambs of the Buick looked like crap too. Out of curiosity what did the cars supposedly bring?

I'm with you, fell asleep and didn't get to see what they got for them. How about that carpet for the Buick?

The "Poncho" went for $6,600..The Riv (w/Fur dash/carpeting and Leopard pattern seats :-O ) went for $4,500....

Pat

You sure you weren't watching American Horror Story? Sure sounds that way to me.

Crap cars,stupid dudes and unrealistic prices.....won't watch it again.

I feel that way about all those, so called, car based reality shows. They are all a waste of time, if you ask me.
...they are also poorly scripted, and they ARE scripted.

Far too much BS and fake drama, and as you stated "unrealistic prices". Just watching those shows seems to have a negative affect on your IQ.
As OKie related, these programs are sleep inducing, at best.

Just watching those shows seems to have a negative affect on your IQ.

Elect Mayor

FRANKIE

Pretty much sums it up for me.

I know a few people who've had spots on a couple of reality TV shows. I know that they are scripted for a fact. A girl that a friend dated briefly would just end up making out with whoever the director said to, on a hairstyling reality show. As you can imagine, that relationship didn't last long between my friend and her.

I've been propositioned by a few studios who were scouting for participants on the automotive ones. They typically scout shops that do custom work and decide which of the show that the studio produces that your work and personality would be best suited for.

They don't make it really worth your time to travel. Essentially, you're doing what you do for a week and provide your own travel costs, while they put you up.

If you are into going on vacation or something, it could be worth participating, or if you live near one of the studio's shooting locations, but don't expect anything out of it, whether it's a competition type show or not. There is nothing in it for a shop, except for publicity.

As it turned out, we were selected for a show that entire shops participate in to build a car against a rival shop on a ticking clock. It was publicity that both my boss and I decided we didn't want our name attached to, so we didn't round anyone up to participate. The cars are near and sometimes are prop quality.

-
Back