Turn Signal Cancelling..

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117767

Saw that thread, they discussed in there how his turn signal's cancelling system was missing some pieces, and could be fixed, here is my question..

I assume his car is a 69 dart gt by his screen name, so I'm wondering, did 65 dart gt's come set up to have that same turn signalling cancel set up? Or were they just manual and you had to turn the signals off yourself, I don't really know. If they did come set up to turn off automatically and mine just broke, anyone know where to order the stuff to replace that it? Or would I be better off searching through junk yards for the stuff.

mmmm

if your car were two years older i'd know the answer, call me in two years.

I think yours prolly broke and you'll have a darn hard time finding that piece (let alone working) at a junkyard. the pieces that cancel are called 'cams' if i got this right. you maybe able to just buy new cams cheaply or you might need a new 'turn signal switch' like I did.

preliminary search for 65 turn signal switch on ebay was no good. I think i'm lucky to have gotten a year which is more popular (more parts avaliable)

good luck, someone with more knowledge should chime in

OK Coreyduran, your car should have one as well, and the tangs are probably broke on it as well. They are available through Deutchman Automotive (419) 352-7894, ask for Jeff. I think you can get the entire harness with the cancelling cam already wired which invloves fishing the harness through the steering column, or I know you can get just the cancelling cam with the wiring pigtails that you have to splice onto your column existing wiring. The splice replacement kit is about $20.00 and the complete wiring is $60.00 or so. Hope this helps, Geof

Another option is Old Car Parts NW. They have new ones manufactured by the original supplier to Chrysler. Ray's phone # is (206)300 1083.

all u need is the turn signal cancel cam u dont need to splice in ne thing all i did i actually found the peices that broke off but take the steering wheels off its right there held on by 1 or 2 screws

shooot, I wish I got this many answers to every question I ask :p. Thanks guys.

I carry the replacement cam kits also....$12.00 plus the ride.
Thanks, Mark

-
Back