turn signal questions?

-

aarong5

Aaron Grimes
Reaction score
for some reason my barracuda just decided that when i turn left the lights look like flashers (both flash) and the right none flash in the back, however the front works fine, anyone know whats wrong before I have to spend a day with a test light trying to figure out where its coming from? Thanks, Aaron.

flasher going nuts, maybe? I'd change that first, as when mine went out it did about the same thing.

You could have a look at the wiring in the trunk. If its been hacked for trailer wiring or whatever the problem could be there. I have to suspect the signal switch though. Manually operated switches are common culprits.
Check the brake lights too. Using the brake lights while also signaling may blow fuses.

The flasher is not causing this problem — it cannot. It sits upstream of the turn signal switch and whenever a right or left turn signal circuit is completed by the turn signal switch, the flasher provides pulsed current. It has no way of knowing whether a right or left turn has been selected.

The problem is most likely in the turn signal switch, but faulty local grounds at the rear lamps and/or hacked wiring are worth checking into, as well.

I've got new turn signal switches if you need one.

-
Back